Here's the first of two JOTW “Can't Wait” opportunities from AstraZeneca, submitted by Natalie Crowley with TMP Worldwide Advertising and Communications, LLC.
I want to be part of an innovative workplace.
You can at AstraZeneca.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we’re proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives – and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We have received many honors, including:
• 100 Best Companies to Work For in America by Fortune Magazine* (2007) *Only large pharmaceutical company included on the list
• Fit-Friendly Company Award, American Heart Association (2007)
• 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers by Working Mother Magazine (2002 – 2006)
• Top Employer, Science Magazine (2002 – 2006)
• Top 25 Noteworthy Companies, DiversityInc (2006)
• CEO Cancer Gold Standard Accreditation, CEO Roundtable on Cancer (2006)
• Fortune 40 Strong Growth Company, Fortune Special Investors Issue (2005)
*** Director – R&D Communications, AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE
In this position, you will provide communication counsel and expertise to ensure that communication strategies and efforts help drive R&D to achieve its business objectives. The selected candidate will develop high impact and integrated communication strategies that support the business objectives of R&D functions in North America; support U.S. and Global business development and licensing organizations with communication strategies and activities in the U.S.; and work with senior R&D leadership to ensure the development and delivery of clear, consistent and effective leadership messaging through various venues and channels.
• BA in communications or science field required; Master’s degree preferred
• 8-10 years of communications experience with a scientific background or previous experience in an R&D environment
• Pharmaceutical industry and/or scientific community experience preferred
• Strong negotiation abilities and highly developed strategic planning skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of the impact of strategic and tactical communication plans in supporting the achievement of business objectives
• Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources and projects and effectively manage a diverse and geographically dispersed professional staff
• Experience managing media relations and writing press materials, including releases and reserve statements
We want you to build a balanced life at AstraZeneca. Your career is just one part of that. We offer competitive salaries, rewards and recognitions for your invaluable time and efforts. We also bring you all the things you need to for your life outside of your work:
• generous health and welfare benefits
• flexible scheduling
• child care programs
• learning and development opportunities
• fitness centers
• and other personal conveniences
At AstraZeneca, we put people first. Whether it’s the patients we help or the employees who make everything we do possible. Apply now. Visit AstraZeneca’s Online Recruitment Center to complete a profile and apply.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer.
*** Experience the planet! Help Ned launch “Your Very Next Step”
Newsletter. Sign up for the free travel/outdoors/adventure newsletter. Send a blank email to: email@example.com.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to DCOfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to JOTWemail@example.com.
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
”Can’t Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results. To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a $200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to both lists for $400.
(c) 2008 The Job of the Week Network, LLC.