Here's a JOTW “Can't Wait” job listing from Kristine Garfinkel, Director, Public Affairs Strategic Planning at TIAA-CREF:
Please post this advertisement as a “can’t wait” listing and on your list next Monday.
Director, Public Affairs Strategic Planning
Manager Board Communications, TIAA-CREF, Bethesda, MD
The Manager, Board Communications will write and edit correspondence to TIAA-CREF clients on behalf of the Trustees and Overseers of TIAA and CREF, serve as a liaison between participants and the Boards, and help the company to serve clients capably and responsively, and in accordance with clients’ individual needs.
The key objectives of the Manager’s role are to: develop and edit responses to client inquiries and concerns that use a common, clear voice that is forthright, empathetic, appropriately apologetic and responsive to client concerns; provide a common voice for the company’s leadership; and monitor the quality and style of written communications. Further, the Manager, Correspondence will assist in developing and editing high level reports on the company’s business accomplishments and challenges.
The position of Manager, Correspondence has the following specific responsibilities:
· Manage the development of all communications to company clients in response to inquiries, concerns and comments directed to the Boards of Trustees and Overseers (includes drafting, editing, and seeking necessary reviews and approvals).
· Ensure timely execution and consistent quality of TIAA-CREF’s correspondence prepared on behalf of the Boards, Trustees, and Overseers.
· Write, edit and review letters prepared by staff to ensure quality and consistency.
· Write, edit and maintain a template letter library covering common concerns to assure consistent and appropriate style and tone.
· Create effective communications tools that support TIAA-CREF’s positions and partner with Board members, Trustees, Overseers and executive management to develop accurate responses to company participants and increase the company’s status as a thought leader and provider of superior products in the industry.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships within the company.
· Maintain a keen understanding of significant issues, particularly related to corporate governance, and trends in the financial services industry and higher education community.
· Monitor and maintain consistency with the company’s overall communications strategy.
· Demonstrate a work style that embraces process and quality control. Ensure that the team’s processes continue to encourage new and creative approached to the preparation and dissemination of executive correspondence materials.
A Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated success writing constituent/customer service letters or comparable experience
Demonstrated ability in synthesizing complex material and writing and editing concise, high level reports for senior executives.
A self starter who will be proactive, deadline driven and extremely organized.
Proven success producing quality work product in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities against deadlines.
Experience developing and delivering key messages.
Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic, and relationship management skills.
Intense commitment to customer service.
Superior written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of financial services a plus.
Ability to work effectively independently and as a team player with business partners in various locations.
Willingness to carry a Blackberry at all times and work unpredictable and weekend hours as needed.
High degree of competence using Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Primary Location MD-Bethesda
Please email resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Experience the planet! Help Ned launch “Your Very Next Step”
Newsletter. Sign up for the free travel/outdoors/adventure newsletter.
Send a blank email to: email@example.com.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
(c) 2008 The Job of the Week Network, LLC.