A JOTW “Can't Wait” posting for AARP in Washington, D.C.
*** This listing was submitted by Amber Douse-Guitano – Internet Media Specialist, with Bernard HODES Group
Media Relations, Senior Manager, AARP, Washington, D.C.
AARP is over 39 million members strong – with more joining us everyday – and we're the “most powerful grassroots organization” around according to Fortune magazine.
We are seeking a professional who will be the designated spokesperson for the Association, AARP Global Network and Membership, covering assigned issue areas. This includes the creation, development and implementation of innovative international, national and state media strategies and campaigns that contribute to a well-defined media presence on AARP’s strategic priorities.
• Generate positive media coverage in new and creative ways, effectively curtailing negative press; and manages overall reputation/image among strategically designated audiences.
• Manage collaborative working relationships between the state offices and Headquarters to ensure the Association’s strategic priorities around all communications activities facilitate, encourage and foster implementation in all state offices.
• Manage activities with executive management, volunteers and key field representatives to ensure consistent and timely message dissemination between entities.
• Build relationships with media to ensure promotion of AARP’s strategic priorities.
• Responsible for media management for Executive and Board communications, crisis communications planning and management, strategic media planning and implementation for assigned issues area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related discipline.
• 5-10 years of experience as a media relations professional.
• Strong entrepreneurial skills, having been responsible for crafting and executing their own strategic plans for driving impact.
For more information and to apply, visit: www.aarpjobs.com (see Integrated Communications). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2008 The Job of the Week network LLC