A JOTW “Can't Wait” job opportunity
Media Relations, Senior Manager, AARP, Washington, D.C.
AARP is over 39 million members strong – with more joining us everyday – and we're the “most powerful grassroots organization” around according to Fortune magazine.
We are seeking a professional who will be the designated spokesperson for the Association, AARP Global Network and Membership, covering assigned issue areas. This includes the creation, development and implementation of innovative international, national and state media strategies and campaigns that contribute to a well-defined media presence on AARP’s strategic priorities.
• Generate positive media coverage in new and creative ways, effectively curtailing negative press; and manages overall reputation/image among strategically designated audiences.
• Manage collaborative working relationships between the state offices and Headquarters to ensure the Association’s strategic priorities around all communications activities facilitate, encourage and foster implementation in all state offices.
• Manage activities with executive management, volunteers and key field representatives to ensure consistent and timely message dissemination between entities.
• Build relationships with media to ensure promotion of AARP’s strategic priorities.
• Responsible for media management for Executive and Board communications, crisis communications planning and management, strategic media planning and implementation for assigned issues area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related discipline.
• 5-10 years of experience as a media relations professional.
• Strong entrepreneurial skills, having been responsible for crafting and executing their own strategic plans for driving impact.
For more information and to apply, visit: www.aarpjobs.com (see Integrated Communications). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
email@example.com. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web,
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
© Copyright 2008 The Job of the Week Network, LLC