Here's a “Can’t Wait” job announcement from Mark Heft at the Chandler Chicco Agency
Account Supervisor Public Affairs/Healthcare, STOP Obesity Alliance, Chandler Chicco Agency, Washington, DC
What is the STOP Obesity Alliance:
The STOP Obesity Alliance brings together a diverse group of consumer, provider, government, labor, business, health insurers and quality-of-care organizations to stop, think and change how we perceive and approach the problem of obesity, overweight, and weight-related health risks, including heart disease and diabetes.
What CCA does:
CCA manages and facilitates all need for the Alliance and its partners.
Account responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
– Sharing account leadership responsibilities including management of:
§ Account administration
§ Relationships with D.C. partners and Alliance sponsors
§ Relationships with key D.C. stakeholders
§ Junior team members
– Working with the media team to maintain an aggressive Washington D.C. news bureau focused on health policy and public affairs outlets
– Assisting w/programming and bringing innovative ideas to client
– Writing press materials, including press releases, background documents and pitch letters;
– Attend DC events (both Alliance and partnership events)
Key competencies necessary include:
– Understanding of the DC landscape and key health advocacy organizations
– Existing relationships with health and/or public policy media and outlets
– Superb organizational and management skills
– Excellent writing skills
– Responsiveness to both team members and clients
– The ability to think quickly when presented with a problem and proactively offer solutions to the team
– Can manage own and junior team member's time and prioritize work effectively
– Health care policy or public health experience
– 5-7 years of experience
Salary commensurate with experience but probably $75K-$90K
Candidates must be in the Washington D.C. Metro Area
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chandler Chicco Agency
450 West 15th Street
New York, NY 10011
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
email@example.com. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web,
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
© Copyright 2009 The Job of the Week Network, LLC