Here's a JOTW Can't Wait Posting from Tripwire
*** From Barbara Salegio with Human Resources at Tripwire (www.tripwire.com)
Public Relations Manager, Tripwire, Inc., Portland, OR
The Public Relations (PR) Manager will use all forms of media and communication to develop, maintain and manage core corporate public relations programs to help build Tripwire’s visibility as the leader in Compliance and Datacenter Management Software. He or she will be a leader in the marketing department and will drive corporate programs and research, and propose new ways to improve press, analyst and online communications. This individual will work independently but in conjunction with the Marketing team to drive key corporate and product content initiatives and will be responsible for implementing the content through various public relations vehicles. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
– Develop and execute a proactive Tripwire AR and PR strategic plan internationally based on the company's business objectives
– Create and maintain corporate messaging: develop key company story lines and positioning that will resonate with the press and analyst community. Ensure consistency of message worldwide
– Drive thought leadership and executive elevation programs in line with corporate business strategies and priorities
– Drive program for winning industry awards, favorable product reviews and business/industry accolades
– Communicate and present ideas effectively to individuals at all levels of the company including Executives, as well as reporters and others outside of the company.
– Work closely with management, product marketing, product development and marketing communications to develop comprehensive, worldwide PR programs
– Develop and maintains STRONG relationships with key press, analysts and bloggers
– Deliver Tripwire key messages across a broad spectrum of topics
– Research and analyze media coverage and provides critical input to the corporate strategy
– Manage outside PR agency as well as press consultants
– Responsible for press tours/events, article development/placement, conference speaker support/placement, and coverage analysis/research
– Foster community relations through involvement in community initiatives and events
Minimum Education and Experience:
– BA/BS in PR, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent
– 5-8+ years of public relations, analyst relations and marketing communications experience
– 5+ years PR experience working with high tech industry – experience in enterprise software, security and/or compliance software is highly desired
– Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills and ability to manage up and into senior management ranks.
– Strong knowledge of basic public relations best practices.
– Requires an in-depth understanding of the role of communications within the marketing mix, most importantly PR
– Demonstrated writing ability and project management skills, must submit samples of work
– Experience working directly with customer/industry issues
– Broad high-tech knowledge and awareness of market conditions
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– Ability to influence internal and external constituents to deliver on aggressive PR programs
– Ability to deal with constant change
– Ability to work independently and synthesize information quickly
– Commitment to quality and accuracy, high output and integrity
Tripwire is industry-recognized for its enterprise-level configuration control software. Tripwire's leading product, Tripwire Enterprise, is the first to combine configuration assessment with configuration change auditing in a single solution. Tripwire Enterprise helps IT ensure the organization achieves and maintains configurations in an operationally optimized, compliant and secure state-and helps them prove it. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Tripwire has operations in 15 countries around the world. Tripwire was recently named to the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private 100 List and Oregon Business Magazine named it one of the 100 Best Companies in Oregon.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web,
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
© Copyright 2009 The Job of the Week Network, LLC