A JOTW “Can't Wait” Opportunity from Kellogg Company
Senior Manager, Internal Communications, Kellogg Company, Battle Creek, MI
Kellogg Company is seeking a Senior Manager, Internal Communications. This position provides strategic communications counsel to the Human Resources (HR) function and develops and implements communication plans designed to keep employees informed about benefits plans that support their physical and financial health. This includes annual communication requirements related to pension, savings and investments, life, and health and welfare. This position also provides communications support to other areas of HR, including diversity & inclusion, learning & development, talent management, staffing and policy-related initiatives, as well as retiree communications.
· Develop overall communications strategy and create/execute specific communications plans targeting HR benefits and initiatives, behavior change, culture, etc.
· Draft content for a variety of communications, including intranet, newsletters, meetings, Q&A, speeches and other scripts, video, and other general communications as required.
· Collaborate with business units and cross-functional teams to provide communications consulting support and act as a communications liaison.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of communication content and plans by measuring employee understanding and attitudes.
· Provide strategic and tactical support for meetings, including all- employee, HR Town Halls and other face-to-face communications opportunities.
· Provide guidance and direction to writers and creative vendors to ensure communications content is accurate, relevant and reflects a tone/style consistent with Kellogg culture.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field with a thorough understanding of communications principles and practices.
· 10-12 years communications experience, preferably in corporate communications with a focus on employee communications.
· Fluent in AP Style.
· Excellent communication and project-management skills with very strong writing, proofing and editorial skills.
· Able to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while flawlessly executing on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
· Ability to effectively partner with direct management, team members and clients and to work well with all level of employees is critical.
· Capable of understanding multiple audiences and able to develop content focused on specific employee needs.
· Possess a positive, can-do attitude and ability to provide excellent client service.
· Strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to see the big picture, while also being able to drive projects from development to completion.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
Those interested must apply via http://kelloggs.appone.com/Exempt/Menu.asp?ClientID=782&B_ID=33&ReqNumber=&SearchText=&KeyType=all&CatID=168&LocationID=0&x=46&y=22
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a $200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web, please visit:
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
If you want to unsubscribe, read the instructions at the end of this
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
© Copyright 2009 The Job of the Week Network, LLC