A JOTW “Can't Wait” opportunity from Standard & Poors
*** From Deborah O'Connor:
I am writing to inquiry about posting an excellent opportunity with Standard & Poor’s. We are seeking a communications manager to support the Structured Finance business. The job description may be viewed at our website – www.careers.standardandpoors.com. Reference requisition number (job number) 12739.
Thanks very much.
STANDARD & POOR'S
Communications Manager, Standard & Poor’s – STRUCTURED FINANCE, NY, NY
With offices in 23 countries and a history that dates back nearly 150 years, Standard & Poor's is known to investors worldwide as a leader of financial- market intelligence. Today Standard & Poor's strives to provide investors who want to make better informed investment decisions with market intelligence in the form of credit ratings, indices, investment research and risk evaluations and solutions.
Most notably, we are known as an independent provider of credit ratings. A credit rating is Standard & Poor's opinion on the general creditworthiness of an obligor, or the creditworthiness of an obligor with respect to a particular debt security or other financial obligation. Over the years credit ratings have achieved wide investor acceptance as convenient tools for differentiating credit quality.
Standard & Poor's is seeking a Communications Manager to support the Structured Finance Ratings business. The communications manager will be responsible for developing and coordinating media and other communication strategies to promote the capabilities of the Structured Finance business.
Standard & Poor's Structure Finance is one of several financial sectors for which Standard & Poor's provides its credit ratings services. Slightly different, and more complex than the ratings it provides for other sectors, analysts who specialize in rating structured financial instruments closely evaluate, among other things, the potential risks posed by the instrument's legal structure and the credit quality of the assets held by the Special Purpose Entity (SPE). Standard & Poor's analysts also consider the anticipated cash flow of the underlying assets and any credit enhancements that could provide protection against default.
Essential Accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Write and edit press releases
• Maintain and upgrade trade and regional/national media contact data base
• Work closely with senior colleagues to identify media opportunities;
• Assist in promoting significant S&P activities to media contacts
• Maintain extensive contact with specialized and trade press, general financial press and broadcast media;
• Organize public relations events and coordinate these activities with the business practice leaders and S&P's global communications team;
• Develop communications material to support business unit, including press releases, talking points, presentation material, and FAQs.
Qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the Capital Markets; fixed-income and structured finance is required;
• Significant work experience in Media Relations, Journalism and/or Public Relations; experience, preferably in the area of financial services;
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Proven track record of success in building work relationships;
• The ability and the desire to work in a deadline driven environment is required;
• Permanent work authorization for the United States is required.
www.careers.standardandpoors.com – Job Number 12739
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a
service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is
editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
The JOTW Network – A world in communication For your hospitality, thank
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web,
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
If you want to unsubscribe, read the instructions at the end of this
The JOTW newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
(C) Copyright 2010 The Job of the Week Network, LLC