A JOTW “Can’t Wait” job announcement from Kellogg’s
Kellogg Company has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Brand Public Relations in Battle Creek, MI.
Director, Brand Public Relations, Kellogg’s, Battle Creek, MI
The Director, Brand Public Relations is responsible for the development, implementation and results of public relations programs to promote Kellogg brands. The Director also supports other Corporate Communications initiatives as needed.
Primary duties include the following:
Provide strategic public relations/communications counsel to internal clients.
Working with U.S. business units and PR agency partners, develop brand PR communication programs to support business objectives. Supervise execution of PR programs from initiation through completion.
– Provide strategic guidance and direction to PR agency partners and review all PR materials to ensure communication is accurate, relevant and consistent with Kellogg corporate messaging and positions.
– Collaborate with internal communications colleagues to ensure coordination and communication of messages/news to internal audiences.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of external communication programs and merchandise PR program results back to the businesses.
– Continue to evaluate and recommend program measurement methodologies as new approaches emerge to ensure brand PR investments deliver measurable value.
Collaborate with other agency partners, including advertising, promotion, etc. to develop integrated programs that achieve business objectives.
Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch stories to media as appropriate.
Manage day-to-day media relations for business units, developing written media materials, Q&A and position statements as needed. Act as company spokesperson on brand-related media inquiries as necessary. Help media train subject matter experts.
Coach and mentor direct report and other team members, assisting in developing their skills and capacity. Provide guidance and direction to ensure communications are strategic, accurate, and relevant and reflect a tone/style consistent with Kellogg culture.
Serve as a backup to supervisor/ functional peers.
Lead and support additional Corporate Communications initiatives as assigned Position Requirements • Bachelors degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 10-12 years experience in external communications role, corporate communications and/or PR agency.
• Experience as successful people manager.
• Must possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing, proofing and editorial abilities. Fluent in AP style.
• Must have ability to think strategically, be able to see the big picture and drive projects from development to completion.
• Ability to effectively partner with direct management, team members, clients and PR agency teams, and to work well with all levels of employees, is critical.
• Must possess strong project management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple priorities and programs. Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
• Must possess a positive attitude and deliver great customer service.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, wire services, media monitoring, and other public relation tools.
Travel is required up to 10-15% of scheduled time to attend training, business meetings and other work-related functions.
Work may demand working extended hours and weekends.
This position requires regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with Company policies. Additionally, the ability to interact well with other employees and work overtime, as necessary, is required. All employees are responsible for implementing Kellogg EEO policy and Affirmative Action commitments.
With 2009 sales of nearly $13 billion, Kellogg Company is the world¡¦s leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit-flavored snacks, frozen waffles and veggie foods. The Company¡¦s brands include Kelloggs®, Keebler®, Pop-Tarts®, Eggo®, Cheez-It®, All-Bran®, Mini-Wheats®, Nutri-Grain®, Rice Krispies®, Special K®, Chips Deluxe®, Famous Amos®, Sandies®, Austin®, Club®, Murray®, Kashi®, Bear Naked®, Morningstar Farm®, Gardenburger® and Stretch Island®. Kellogg products are manufactured in 18 countries and marketed in more than 180 countries. For more information, visit www.kelloggcompany.com. Kelloggs Corporate Responsibility report including its approach, progress and future direction in the marketplace, workplace, environment and community can be found at www.kelloggcompany.com/CR. For information on Kellogg Company¡¦s commitment to nutrition, visit www.kelloggsnutrition.com.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V All applicants must apply using Kellogg Company's Career Opportunities website http://kelloggs.appone.com/Exempt/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=497509&B_ID=33&fid=1&Adid=