A JOTW “Can’t Wait” opportunity from Avalere Health LLC
Marketing Manager, Avalere Health LLC, Washington, DC
Avalere Health LLC (Avalere) is a leading strategic advisory firm focused on the intersection of business strategy and public policy. Located in Washington DC, Avalere works with a diverse range of clients spanning Fortune 500 companies, major medical foundations, government agencies, advocacy and patient groups, and other organizations who have a vested stake in an improved healthcare system.
Avalere Health seeks a Marketing Manager to join our growing Business Development and Marketing team. This position will report to the VP leading the team and will collaborate with senior leadership across the firm to articulate a firmwide marketing strategy. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for successfully executing against that strategy as outlined below.
Avalere’s culture is one of close collaboration, candid and constructive feedback, and assignment of responsibilities on the basis of ability and availability, without undue emphasis on rank. We prize intellectual curiosity, resilience, a positive attitude, and a willingness to embrace new challenges.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promotional Materials – Prepare marketing materials for firm level promotion as well as for a growing array of syndicated products and advisory services; generate copy and coordinate with creative team for design and production
• Customer and Prospect Database – Guide the development of master mailing list to secure up-to-date list of existing and potential new clients for marketing and business development efforts; initiate and institutionalize use of a customer relationship management tool
• Market Insights – Coordinate across the firm’s leadership to collate knowledge, and perform research as appropriate, to ensure that the company has insight into emerging customer and competitor issues that affect Avalere’s positioning and product strategies
• Marketing Campaigns – Structure and coordinate promotional campaigns in accordance with company marketing plan; to include established audio-conference series and other initiatives
• Web Tools – Keep company website content current and collaborate with creative and technical teams in advancing Avalere’s visibility on the internet; manage content of the firm’s intranet site
• Communication – Coordinate with the firm’s communication/PR leads to ensure consistent marketing activities
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements
Bachelors’ degree in marketing, communications or related field.
Minimum of 3-5 years of proven successful marketing experience in the healthcare industry, with experience marketing to healthcare businesses preferred.
Excellent written communication skills, with proven experience in authoring compelling marketing copy and experience integrating into branded materials.
Strong understanding and experience in on-line marketing, both web and email.
Positive, articulate person who can generate enthusiasm around Avalere’s unique service offerings.
Ability to energize co-workers and to build rapport at all levels within an organization.
Flexibility to handle a variety of projects and shift priorities simultaneously.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
Avalere offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Located on DC’s famed Dupont Circle, Avalere prides itself on its mission to help improve the healthcare system. For more information, visit www.avalerehealth.net.
Qualified candidates should provide samples and portfolio along with an electronic cover letter and resume to:
Avalere Health LLC
1350 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20036