A JOTW “Can’t Wait” posting from Sandoz:
Associate Director, Communications, Sandoz US, Princeton, NJ
Internal Communications Responsibilities:
• Leads company-wide annual internal communications plan, defining audiences, timing, media and messages, in accordance with business needs.
• Advises communicators/human resources on development of local annual communication plans that support the strategies as defined in the company-wide
• Works with functional heads to anticipate and identify internal communication issues; plans and implements regular and ad-hoc communications.
• Drafts and coordinates production of all company-wide internal communications, including announcements, presentations, FAQs, heads-up to management, calendars and diaries.
• Supervises communications coordinator who serves as the webmaster for the Company’s US Intranet, ensuring dynamic content which stays up-to-date and relevant for employee base.
• Plans and manages all aspects of internal functions, including town-hall meetings, and other corporate sponsored meetings (non-HR related).
• Leads launch of US-focused print and electronic employee newsletter.
• Oversees internal and external resources to directs all aspects of production and distribution of company-wide communications vehicles, including but not limited to the US version of the corporate newsletter Connect.
• Responsible for content planning, drafting of Sandoz US content, supervision of layout design, editing, proofreading and supervision of hard-copy production and distribution in the US.
• Collaborates with Strategic Planning function to develop and administer periodic employee satisfaction surveys and communications audits and analyzes results and prepares reports for management.
• Assists with development of multimedia employee communications tools.
• Manages company’s US corporate contributions activities.
• Leads employee volunteer program and special events, including global Community Partnership Day.
• Works with local site management to enhance community outreach initiatives.
Other Communications Responsibilities:
• Assist in preparation of Executive Talking points for key company or product issues.
• Works directly with US President to assist in preparation of Executive presentations and/or other Corporate presentations related to internal and/or external audiences.
• Work with Sandoz Global to maintain the Company style guide and corporate lexicon.
• Provide project-specific support as needed to VP and directors of government affairs.
Candidates must be very strong writers and verbal communicators, as well as have experience with copywriting, managing production of electronic (internet/intranet) and print communications, project management, executive communications, and crisis communications.
Other key skills and experience:
• Demonstrated experience in a global company and/or pharmaceutical/healthcare experience is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and be effective in team settings.
• Knowledge of all MS Office programs required; ability to use Adobe Acrobat, Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator (or comparable graphics design software) preferred.
• Ability to work well in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment and take accountability for assigned programs, deliverables, and results.
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and projects concurrently; exceptional organizational skills.
• Experience using new media tools for corporate communications.
BA or BS degree is required with a concentration in communications, journalism, english, marketing, or business-related field preferred. Advanced degree in communications, journalism, public affairs or related degree is desirable. At least 10 years of in-house corporate and/or agency communications experience is required.
Adherence to all health, safety & environmental requirements in support of departmental
and site HSE goals. Work in a safe and efficient manner.
Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Sandoz in the US
Sandoz is one of the largest manufacturers of generic pharmaceutical products in the United States, in business since 1946. We develop, manufacture, and distribute competitive, high-quality pharmaceuticals, standing out in the industry due to our focus on a wide range of differentiated products, ranging from complex delivery systems to modern biopharmaceutical medicines (“follow-on biologics” or “biosimilars”).
Sandoz markets approximately 200 different generic medicines in the US, including enoxaparin sodium injection, the first generic version of Lovenox®, and Omnitrope®, the first follow-on biologic available in the US. Our approximately 1,300 US associates are proud to make Sandoz a “healthy decision” for patients, healthcare professionals, and the customers who distribute our products in the US.
Beyond the US, Sandoz, a Division of the Novartis Group (Novartis AG-NYSE: NVS), is a global leader in the field of generic pharmaceuticals, developing, manufacturing and increasing access to a wide array of high-quality, affordable medicines. The company has a portfolio of approximately 1,000 compounds and sells its products in more than 130 countries. For more information, visit www.Sandoz.com.
To apply online, please cut and paste the following link into your browser.
http://www.novartis.com/careers/job-search/brassring/usa.shtm Use the job # 82169BR to find the appropriate position.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to JOTWemail@example.com.
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank e mail to DCOfirstname.lastname@example.org.