A JOTW Can't Wait job opportunity from Crowell & Moring LLP
Director, Media, PR & Communications, Marketing and Business Development department, Crowell & Moring LLP, Washington, DC
One of Washington, DC’s best law firms, Crowell & Moring LLP currently seeks a Director, Media, PR & Communications for our Marketing and Business Development Department.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Create and implement a proactive public relations program utilizing a comprehensive range of tactics, including traditional earned media, social media, and content creation.
• Work closely with other members of the Marketing & Business Development Department, practice group Business Managers, and practice group Chairs to devise strategies that raise the visibility of the firm’s innovation in client service; thought leadership; and key strengths of practice groups, offices, and individual attorneys.
• Provide crisis counseling, media training, and PR guidance to firm spokespeople as needed; develop key messages and Q&As as needed.
• Manage the firm’s Media, Public Relations & Communications team.
• Create and maintain the firm’s relationships with key media.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for press queries; conduct PR conflicts checks and provide counsel on press opportunities.
• Secure and manage a wide range of media and other visibility opportunities, including press interviews, article placements, and awards.
• Write, edit, and approve press materials (pitches, news releases, and other items), as well as certain other firm communications, including key internal messages.
• Oversee the firm’s lists and directories program, which includes managing the firm’s public financial reporting, attorney rankings, and pursuit of editorial calendar opportunities relevant to the firm’s brand.
• Work with senior partners, firm management, and staff to manage the firm’s internal communications program, including oversight of the firm’s intranet and internal “good news” announcements.
• Edit or advise on content development of certain departmental or practice group functions, such as the firm’s online newsroom, blogs, etc.
• Assist the firm in identifying initial PR strategies for certain client matters, including the identification of appropriate agency support. Conduct limited PR efforts for certain client matters as needed.
• Provide strategic oversight of the firm’s client alert program.
• Oversee the tracking and internal reporting of PR coverage and performance.
• Manage PR agency and consultant relationships.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven public relations experience with strong background in media relations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience in crisis management.
• Sophisticated knowledge of legal concepts as relevant to legal public relations.
• Record of national and industry contacts in top-tier media outlets.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Suite products, media database software, LexisNexis, and other research tools.
• Ability to manage budget; ability to negotiate engagements and vendor services.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to lead others in the development of new initiatives and/or completion of large-scale projects in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
• Minimum eight (8) years increasingly responsible, directly related experience that included the direct supervision of others, financial management, and that demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position.
• Equivalent combination of advanced degree, training, and experience may be considered with a minimum of six (6) years of professional experience relevant to the position.
• Law firm or legal-related experience highly preferred.
• Public relations agency or journalism experience preferred.
To apply, please visit http://www.crowell.com/careers. Please select “Professional Staff” and then “Available Opportunities” to view our job listings.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW network.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org. The JOTW Network – A world in communication. For your hospitality, thank you!