A JOTW “Can't Wait” posting from Ciena
Director, Corporate Communications, Ciena Corporation, Linthicum, MD
The Director, Corporate Communications is responsible for assisting in strategic development, coordination and implementation of corporate-level communications plans, aligning both external and employee communications programs. This role involves determining opportunities, optimum timing and vehicles and developing content for strategic corporate-driven communications both inside and outside the company.
As a champion of the company’s strategy, brand, culture and values, the Director, Corporate Communications is responsible for driving aligned global communications thought leadership for external and internal audiences.
• Provide strategic counsel across the company regarding communications polices/procedures and corporate messaging
• Develop a variety of content, including contributed articles, presentations/content for speaking engagements, press releases, award submissions
• Conduct financial/business media relations
• Lead or support corporate PR programs, including corporate strategy initiatives, events, executive speaking engagements and corporate awards and recognition
• Partnering with executives to ensure senior leadership visibility inside the company and communicate corporate vision/goals and major business events/milestones
• Serve as consultant and support functional and regional leaders on employee/team communications
• Draft, edit and approve all company-wide communications and coordinate timing of all communications
• Managing corporate intranet design and content
• Oversee Ciena’s community outreach activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Communications or Journalism or relevant experience
• Minimum of 7 years experience in corporate communications in a corporate setting. Direct experience in an external communications capacity required.
• Business media relations experience and relationships
• Superior communications ability, and proven track record of writing, editing and publishing
• Experience with corporate messaging and company positioning
• Corporate PR and C-suite/executive communications experience
• Knowledge of disclosure regulations
• Management experience of direct reports, contractors and agencies
1201 Winterson Road
Linthicum, MD 21090 USA
*** The Job of the Week newsletter and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of
The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
firstname.lastname@example.org. The JOTW Network – A world in communication. For
your hospitality, thank you!