Here’s a JOTW Can’t Wait job announcement from TeleSign:
Public Relations Manager, TeleSign, Marina del Rey, California
TeleSign is currently seeking a Public Relations Manager who is passionate about technology and will thrive in a start-up, dynamic team environment. This person is a high energy, solid communicator who can understand complex issues and explain them in-person and in written materials. This role will help execute the overall corporate public relations plan on behalf of the company. The successful candidate will have strong traditional and social media experience in addition to excellent writing skills. In addition to ensuring that departmental efforts are supported and integrated, the PR Manager will work to ensure that the identity, image, reputation, and message are accurately managed, promoted, and consistent with overall corporate vision. This is a full-time position based in our Marina del Rey office reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Assist in executing the Public Relations Strategy to drive and increase national awareness of TeleSign and our offerings.
- Work to ensure corporate/product messages are clearly articulated, communicated, and managed.
- Actively own and cultivate key media relationships on behalf of TeleSign to secure coverage relevant to PR strategy.
- Write press releases, blogs, speaking points, presentations and other communications to external and internal audiences.
- Support the company’s earned social media efforts across properties (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Help TeleSign develop newsworthy story angles for the company and our products.
- Work closely with external PR agency to monitor media activity, coverage and changes in the media landscape.
- Integrate Public Relations activities into overall marketing campaigns to support business objectives and collaborate with other cross-functional departments.
- Seeking candidates with 4-5 years of Public Relations experience – agency or in-house
- Demonstrated interest and success in targeting online media, blogs, and bloggers, and other non-traditional media.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed and develop a solid working knowledge of company, products, competitors, industry.
- Creative independent strategic thinker capable of taking an idea and bringing it to life that raise the corporate profile with key audience and contacts.
- Self-motivated, and bring effective work habits to a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment: must be flexible and adapt quickly to shifting priorities.
- Strong project management skills, including development of project plans and timelines, as well as producing project updates, analysis and ROI measurements for senior management.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Strong journalistic writing skills.