Manager, Corporate Communications, Pharmacyclics, Sunnyvale, CA
Pharmacyclics is a mid-sized company that designs, develops and commercializes novel Therapies intended to improve the quality of life and increase the duration of life while resolving serious medical healthcare needs. Our products are based on exceptional development expertise.
At this time, we have a need for a Manager, Corporate Communications. The Manager, Corporate Communications is responsible for helping to develop and execute the company’s overarching communications strategy to drive consistency of narrative about the company to internal and external audiences. This individual will be the company’s brand steward, responsible for planning and implementing communications initiatives that continue to build its reputation as a biotechnology company uniquely poised for future success. The Manager, Corporate Communications should have prior experience in corporate communications, a comfort level discussing approved and investigational products and an understanding of the Company’s global business strategy in order to deliver on the business’ short- and long-term goals. The Manager, Corporate Communications is an independent, self-motivated and results-driven leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment in which a sense of urgency and personal accountability are highly valued.
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
• Develops and continuously refines corporate messaging and proactively identifies ways to leverage content through a variety of channels, including presentations, speeches, targeted media outreach, etc.
• Leverages and improves upon existing internal communications, creating content and new content vehicles, to build shared understanding of the company’s priorities, strategies and goals with U.S. and global employees
• Partners with Human Resources to establish culture initiatives that will help elevate the company’s reputation both internally and externally
• Crafts executive communications and speeches for CEO and senior leaders by identifying and securing appropriate speaking platforms and by authoring strategically relevant and impactful content
• Partners with Investor Relations in managing the company’s financial communications, including quarterly earnings reporting, media outreach, annual reporting, and investor presentations
• Provides sound strategic counsel and contributes significantly to the decisions of management and other internal stakeholders on value of communications and on strategies to maximize proactive opportunities and manage issues
• Manages agencies, vendors and budgets for delivery of on-time and on-budget deliverables
Possesses maturity and experience to help shape, build, maintain and protect the company’s image and reputation and provide its leaders with confidence in his/her abilities and business judgment
• Acts with urgency in order to achieve results while maintaining high quality standards and attention to detail
• Is comfortable working simultaneously on multiple activities with equal effort
• Remains calm under pressure and tight timelines
- Possesses an entrepreneurial mindset, but understands the importance of and acts with discipline
• Takes initiative to drive results, sometimes in the face of uncertainty, by exercising excellent judgment
• Prioritizes multiple expectations based on the company’s strategy and goals, providing focus and managing expectations for the team
• Understands the importance of and appropriately incorporates analytics into communications efforts in order to demonstrate business value
• Tackles role with a passion, enthusiasm and can-do attitude
• Works well in a team environment to influence common goals to ensure an integrated approach in pursuit of business objectives
• Takes on additional responsibilities/special projects, as needed
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7-10 years of progressive internal and external communications experience in well-regarded pharmaceutical and/or biotech companies or at any agency or institution focused on pharmaceutical and/or biotech sector; experience working with media is a plus
• At least five years of experience working within an agency. (Agency candidates must be at least an established VP level)
• Exceptional verbal, written, presentation, and listening skills; highly polished, mature, and articulate
• Ability to perform at a fast pace at a high professional level with a high degree of independence and by exercising good judgment
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Oncology experience.
• Experience working on efforts to build internal culture within an organization
• Experience leveraging social media platforms in a professional setting.
• Builds strong bond with internal partners, including senior leadership.
- 10-15% travel requirement, domestic and international.
To learn more about this opportunity, please respond by sending your current resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacyclics is an Equal Opportunity Employer