A JOTW “Can’t Wait” job announcement from Quaker Chemical
Global Internal Communication Manager, Quaker Chemical Corporation, Conshohocken PA
Job Summary: The Global Internal Communication Manager is responsible to develop communication strategy and implement programs/activities that support internal communication and collaboration across Quaker Chemical. Working directly with Executive Management and other business leaders, ensures that all internal communication supports business priorities, engages our Associates, supports our Core Values, and aligns with our company Brand. This is a fast-paced, diverse role involving strategy development, project management, writing and editing, and implementing new communication technology. This position supervises a Communication Specialist, and reports to the VP of Human Resources.
- Update the current internal communication strategy for Quaker Chemical. Recommend new communication technologies/platforms/activities to help take internal communication to the next level.
- Work directly with Executive Management and other business leaders to create, implement and oversee internal communication programs and activities that best support business priorities, support company Core Values, and align with our company Brand.
- Navigate and build internal networks — across business lines and regions — to support communication activities.
- Manage the production of internal corporate magazines, produced in 7 languages and distributed around the globe. This includes content development, writing and editing, managing translation review teams, and external vendor management.
- Manage the production of CEO Business Update videos, subtitled in 7 languages and distributed electronically. This includes script writing, external vendor management, and distribution.
- Produce the company’s annual CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Report. This includes sourcing report content, writing the report, and external vendor management. It also includes working with the Marketing team to update Quaker’s external website, to reflect information from the most recent CSR Report.
- Produce quarterly strategic update presentations (PowerPoint), used by Executives in their town hall meetings to inform Associates about company progress.
- Manage acquisition communication, including developing and executing communication plans.
- Oversee, either directly or through subordinates/consultants, a variety of additional internal communication tools and platforms to share knowledge/information and encourage collaboration among our Associates. These include — but are not limited to — a bi-monthly news email blast, various e-zines, email campaigns, and QNET (our internal SharePoint site). Implement continuous improvements to these tools and platforms to better reach our Associates, such as internal social media.
- Manage the internal communication budget
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing or similar from a four-year college or university, plus 10-12 years of communication experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience working in (and enjoying) a fast-paced, matrix environment and be able to juggle multiple priorities at one time.
- Must have experience working with all levels in an organization, including Executive Management.
- Experience with change management communication strongly preferred.
- Must be a strategic, creative thinker who is also detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work independently, take direction from others and work collaboratively. Should be comfortable with voicing his/her opinion, respectfully, even if it differs from others.
- Must have superior project management skills, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a very strong business writer and editor, with the ability to condense complex/lengthy information into summary paragraphs.
- Experience working regularly with colleagues in different countries and among different cultures/languages strongly preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills, including the MS Office Suite, SharePoint, PhotoShop and Adobe Acrobat. Previous experience with digital communication technologies – such as video editing, internal social media, and apps – strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of direct supervisory experience preferred.
At Quaker Chemical, we are experts in the development, production, and application of process fluids, lubricants, and coatings for the steel, metalworking, and many other manufacturing industries. With approximately 2,000 Associates in more than 20 countries, we enable our customers to be more efficient – and ultimately more profitable. It’s our obsession. And we achieve this through our intimate knowledge of the industries we serve and each one of the moving parts that comes with it. Quaker is a global publicly traded company with a unique collaborative culture that supports career growth for its associates and offers competitive compensation and benefit programs.
To apply send resumes to Mark Stachura, HR Manager at email@example.com
You can expedite delivery of your job listing with a “Can‘t Wait” announcement, which is sent out by itself to all 6,000-plus subscribers. Can’t Wait announcements get immediate results. This service costs $300, and you can list more than one job. You can also promote events and services. Can’t Wait listings also appear in the next issue of the newsletter. Contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
+1 703 455-7661 (home office)
+1 703 472-8629 (cell)
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2016 The Job of the Week Network, LLC