NATIONAL – 20th Annual West Coast Symposium
Thu Aug 23rd
Waterfront Pier 2, Naval Station San Diego, CA, USA
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for June 20, 2018
Issue # 557
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** Sign up for regular free delivery of this newsletter through Google Groups by sending an email to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
June 21-29 Vienna, Austria
August 22-30 San Diego, CA
Sept 25-27 Kuwait City, Kuwait
Oct 9-10 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
*** 20th Annual Surface Navy Association West Coast Symposium
Thu Aug 23rd
Waterfront Pier 2, Naval Station San Diego, CA, USA
*** 6th Annual Maritime Security West
August 27-29, 2018
San Diego, California
*** 6th Annual C4ISR Summit
24-25 September 2018
Radisson Blu Hotel, Salwa, Kuwait
*** 7th Annual Offshore Patrol Vessels Middle East 2018
9-11 October 2018
THE Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
*** Here are your DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Business Financial Management Analyst, MCR, Quantico, VA
2.) Senior Cost-Acquisition Analyst, MCR, Crystal City, VA
3.) Acquisition SME III, MCR, Fort Meade, MD
*** From Bill Campbell:
4.) Experienced communications professional for Congressional and Public Affairs, U.S. navy PEO IWS, Strategic Insight, Ltd., Washington, DC
Strategic Insight, Ltd., a small business, is looking for an experienced communications professional to perform Congressional and Public Affairs support for the Program Executive Officer for Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS). This position is an immediate fill and is seated at the Washington Navy Yard Humphreys Building. This position requires an individual capable of coordinating Front Office Executive Level support and communication functions with Flag and SES level managers, Navy, DOD, Congress and other agencies and organizations. This support includes assisting with the preparation of planned and emergent document/briefs and assisting with the preparation of public affairs actions, reports, and responses to inquiries and ad-hoc data calls for government issuance.
Detailed position tasks follow:
– Support the Congressional Liaison and Legislative Affairs and Public Affairs functions for the PEO, as coordinated with NAVSEA, OPNAV, ASN, FMB and Congressional staff. Perform administrative duties, including the coordination and consolidation of inputs for responses to address Congressional inquiries, issues and concerns, and technical reviews for public release. Provide recommendations, in addition to coordinating and consolidating information, for responses to Congressional, DoD, other Government agencies, or industry inquiries.
– As requested by the government, research current legislative policy/procedures and provide historical data for PEO IWS programs, platforms, and combat systems.
– Track weekly congressional documentation and periodicals, and provide daily updates to the Public Affairs Office (PAO) and assist with the development of the annual Congressional briefing
– Track and disseminate all congressional activity related to PEO IWS portfolio.
– Maintain documentation where PEO IWS and its contractors do business in Congressional and Senatorial districts. Maintain Specific Interest charts (Cyber, Clean Energy, etc.) that associate
PEO IWS’s investments so that more strategic communication strategies can be developed.
– Support development of Strategic Communication Strategies so that PEO IWS in cooperation with Legislative Affairs and other organizations can better shape PEO IWS Interests.
– Support the preparation and conduct of the annual congressional reviews.
– Support the development of Program Quad charts and Congressional language reports.
– Support the development of responses to Congressional, DOD, other Government agency, media or industry inquiries.
– Support the preparation of audits for Government Accounting Office, and other auditing organizations.
– Support the preparation of Congressional testimony.
– Provide an inquiry and response tracking capability to prepare briefings consistent with historical inputs.
Please provide resumes to Bob Orr at email@example.com.
5.) Robotics Systems – Software Engineer, Staff, QinetiQ North America, Waltham, MA
6.) SENIOR DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE ANALYST FOR STRATEGIC WEAPONS & SPACE ISSUES, Defense Intelligence Agency, Offutt AFB, NE
7.) Lead / Staff Opto-Mechanical Engineer, Elbit Systems of America, Merrimack, NH / Fort Worth, TX
8.) Communications Specialist II, Elbit Systems of America, Fort Worth, TX
9.) Optical Engineer – Sensor Imaging, Elbit Systems of America, Merrimack, NH
10.) Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Specialist, ANSER Corporation, Fort Belvoir, VA
11.) Quality Assurance Engineer, Defense Contract Management Agency, Department of Defense, Palmdale, California
12.) Senior Optical Design Engineer – Defense, Edmund Optics, Inc., Barrington, NJ
13.) Senior Spaceborne Missiles and Weapons Effects Engineer, Engility Corporation, Chantilly, VA
14.) Weapons Effects Modeling & Simulation Engineer, Applied Research Associates, Raleigh, NC
15.) Public Affairs Specialist, GS-1035-14 (Term Appointment Not To Exceed Two Years), U.S. Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security, Washington DC
16.) Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Communication Specialist, University Research Co., LLC (URC), Manila, Philippines
17.) Radiation and EMP Expert – Weapons Testing and Effects, Credence Management Solutions, Kirtland AFB, NM
18.) Quality Assurance Specialist (Ammunition) (Deployable), Defense Contract Management Agency, Department of Defense, Keyser, West Virginia
19.) Nuclear Weapons Effects Expert, Zel Technologies, Albuquerque, NM
20.) Collection Management Officer, Directorate of Operations, CIA, Langley, VA
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2018 Job of the Week Network, LLC