13TH ANNUAL IABC HERITAGE REGION CONFERENCE
NOVEMBER 11 – 13, 2018
June 25, 2018
The Free Job of the Week Newsletter
This is JOTW newsletter number 1,757
“Believe me, I do not like idleness but work.”
– Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
This edition of JOTW comes to you from Vienna, Austria.
*** Welcome to the JOTW network.
This is the award-winning free Job of the Week e-mail networking newsletter for professional communicators, dedicated to the positive unanticipated consequences of networking, or as we call it, “nedworking.” JOTW is a cooperative service. That means JOTW relies on the contributions of its members, like you. We share job opportunities, news and information about the job market, as well as swapping stories about life’s peculiarities. We connect you with others who are like you, and together we help each other. What a concept. Did I mention it’s free?
*** To submit a job for sharing on JOTW, please provide the job title, organization or company, and location and send it to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide a link or contact info so people can check out your listing or follow up if interested.
*** Posting a job is free. Recruiters can submit up to three jobs for free. Each job listing may be posted once in the newsletter for free
I request that you do not send pdf files that I have to copy and reformat. I prefer you provide your very brief job description in an email rather than an enclosure. Please limit the size of your position descriptions (generally to 500 words or less). “Can’t Wait” blast email priority listings are $300, and “Top Job” placement is $100. Just send to me at email@example.com.
*** This is a cooperative service. It relies on your participation and contribution. As you receive the benefit of this free newsletter, you should also send in jobs you learn about. This is especially the case when there are job listings in the companies that you work for.
*** To sign up for JOTW’s new Google Groups list, send an email to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to join the new listerv. If you receive this as an email from email@example.com, then you are on this list.
*** This week’s Can’t Wait postings:
None this week.
Can’t Wait jobs: These jobs are forwarded to the entire list as soon as they are received, and do not wait for the Monday newsletter, and are posted prominently on the JOTW website. Then they are posted first in the weekly JOTW newsletter. Can’t Wait postings cost $300. Contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** This week’s Top Job:
None this week.
Top Jobs: Stand above the rest. Your job can be right here, at the top of the weekly JOTW newsletter. Top job placement costs $100 per job per week. To be on top, contact Ned at email@example.com.
*** If you find out about a job opportunity in communications, send it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), and I’ll share it with the JOTW network.
*** Here’s the link for the JOTW newsletter on the website:
*** One Paragraph Pitch:
Whether you want to publish your first book or are publishing your tenth, Peter Beren DBA The Peter Beren Agency helps authors, independent publishers and self-publishers succeed. Offering top notch literary representation and consultation supported by more than 40 years of book publishing experience, the Agency motto is:”If you have a publishing problem, then we have a solution.” Peter is a member of the Association of Authors’ Representatives (AAR) and co-author of The Writers Legal Companion (Basic Books). No publishing challenge is too big or too small. On the web: www.Peterberen.com
(510) 821-5539, email: Peterberen@aol.com Skype: peterberenagency.
*** Send your One Paragraph Pitch submissions to email@example.com. You can pitch yourself or your business anyway you want, as long as it’s short and to the point. You can include a photo, too! There is no waiting list. And it’s free! Submit yours today!
*** IABC Heritage Region Conference:
13TH ANNUAL IABC HERITAGE REGION CONFERENCE
NOVEMBER 11 – 13, 2018
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
June 21-29 Vienna, Austria
Aug 21-23 San Diego, CA
Aug 27-29 San Diego, CA
Sept 25-27 Kuwait City, Kuwait
Oct 9-10 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
*** Your Very Next Step!
Your Very Next Step newsletter for May / June 2018
By Ned Lundquist
This edition of YVNS comes to you from Vienna, Austria..
“Your Very Next Step” adventure/outdoors/conservation newsletter, published by Ned Lundquist, is a cooperative community, and everyone is invited, no…encouraged, no…urged to participate. Share your adventures with the network today! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to YVNS for free: Join our Google Groups Listerv. If you are already a Google Groups member, just sign up for the “Your Very Next Step” group. Otherwise, send Ned and email and he’ll get you on the list. Contact Ned at email@example.com.
Do you have any interesting travel and adventure stories, tips, suggestions, adventures or destinations to share? Send to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next issue of YVNS.
Are you a subscriber. It’s free. Send Ned an email (to email@example.com) telling him you want to subscribe.
*** Here are your JOTW job opportunities for this week:
*** From Bill Campbell:
1.) Experienced communications professional for Congressional and Public Affairs, U.S.Navy PEO IWS, Strategic Insight, Ltd., Washington, DC
Strategic Insight, Ltd., a small business, is looking for an experienced communications professional to perform Congressional and Public Affairs support for the Program Executive Officer for Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS). This position is an immediate fill and is seated at the Washington Navy Yard Humphreys Building. This position requires an individual capable of coordinating Front Office Executive Level support and communication functions with Flag and SES level managers, Navy, DOD, Congress and other agencies and organizations. This support includes assisting with the preparation of planned and emergent document/briefs and assisting with the preparation of public affairs actions, reports, and responses to inquiries and ad-hoc data calls for government issuance.
Detailed position tasks follow:
– Support the Congressional Liaison and Legislative Affairs and Public Affairs functions for the PEO, as coordinated with NAVSEA, OPNAV, ASN, FMB and Congressional staff. Perform administrative duties, including the coordination and consolidation of inputs for responses to address Congressional inquiries, issues and concerns, and technical reviews for public release. Provide recommendations, in addition to coordinating and consolidating information, for responses to Congressional, DoD, other Government agencies, or industry inquiries.
– As requested by the government, research current legislative policy/procedures and provide historical data for PEO IWS programs, platforms, and combat systems.
– Track weekly congressional documentation and periodicals, and provide daily updates to the Public Affairs Office (PAO) and assist with the development of the annual Congressional briefing
– Track and disseminate all congressional activity related to PEO IWS portfolio.
– Maintain documentation where PEO IWS and its contractors do business in Congressional and Senatorial districts. Maintain Specific Interest charts (Cyber, Clean Energy, etc.) that associate
PEO IWS’s investments so that more strategic communication strategies can be developed.
– Support development of Strategic Communication Strategies so that PEO IWS in cooperation with Legislative Affairs and other organizations can better shape PEO IWS Interests.
– Support the preparation and conduct of the annual congressional reviews.
– Support the development of Program Quad charts and Congressional language reports.
– Support the development of responses to Congressional, DOD, other Government agency, media or industry inquiries.
– Support the preparation of audits for Government Accounting Office, and other auditing organizations.
– Support the preparation of Congressional testimony.
– Provide an inquiry and response tracking capability to prepare briefings consistent with historical inputs.
Please provide resumes to Bob Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.) Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health And Human Services, Silver Spring, Maryland
3.) Associate Director of Communications , Plastics Industry Association, Washington, D.C.
*** From Christine Thiriet:
I’ve been a subscriber over the years through my career and relocations. Happy to see this resource is still going strong! We have a position open in the heartland, and would appreciate your help in getting out the word. Please let us know any questions. Thanks very much.
Senior Director of Strategic Communications
Marketing and Communications
University of Iowa Health Care
Iowa City, Iowa (home of the wave)
4.) Social Media Specialist, University of Iowa Health Care, Iowa City, Iowa
5.) Public Relations and Product Communications Assistant, Chrome Solutions, Towson, MD
6.) Communications Officer, Kresge Foundation, TROY, MICHIGAN
7.) Sr. Communications Program Assistant, AMIDEAST, INC, Washington D.C.
8.) External Communications Manager, Uponor, Apple Valley, MN
9.) SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, Virginia Railway Express, Alexandria, Virginia
*** From Bill Seiberlich:
10.) Corporate Marketing Manager, Vertex, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
11.) Head of Corporate Public Relations, Vanguard, Malvern, PA
12.) Medical Affairs Publications Manager, Medical Affairs Publications Manager, Wayne, PA
13.) Manager, Communications & Community Development, Coast Mental Health, Vancouver, BC, Canada
14.) Manager, External Communications, Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding, New York, New York
15.) Assoc Communications Rep, Orbital ATK (Northrop Grumman), Dulles, VA
*** From: Jarrett Millette:
Please post this job:
16.) Communication Strategist, Customer Success Team, GuideSpark, Redwood CIty, CA
The Communications Success Team at GuideSpark works with leading employers to develop rich and engaging HR communications that drive strong business results. Within Customer Success, we have a small but mighty team of Communication Strategists who help clients design and orchestrate the most effective internal communication campaigns possible across increasingly diverse employee populations.
We are excited to be looking for a Communication Strategist who can effectively partner with customers and develop innovative plans that unlock the power of effective communications. This position requires great attention to detail, strong project management and communication skills, as well as a love of working collaboratively with a fun and hard-working team that is passionately committed to our customers’ success.
* Communication Strategy: You will be charged with developing robust communication campaigns that optimize how clients reach and engage their internal employee audiences.
* Communication Planning: Your experience creating omni-channel marketing communication plans and working cross-functionally will be invaluable in this role.
* Digital/Mobile Experience: With strong digital / mobile / social media chops, you will help us take advantage of new ways to connect companies with their employees.
* Emerging Media Know-How: Your passion for thinking outside the box will help GuideSpark define, deliver and continually evolve how our solutions add value for customers. Innovative problem solvers welcome!
* Planning & Project Management: This individual will work closely with customers and will drive the communication planning process so high attention to detail, ability to juggle competing priorities, and past project management experience will be essential.
* Team Player: You will be expected to work collaboratively, efficiently and help drive overall productivity across the team, especially during our busy Open Enrollment season.
* Dependable and Driven: You will be comfortable and committed to meeting deadlines independently, balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and proactively communicating delivery issues and/or risks before they impact the customer experience.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
* 3-6 years experience
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Superior organizational and time management skills; great at multi-tasking
* Customer-centric, creative AND strategic
* Strong attention to accuracy and detail, thoroughness, and follow-through
* Adept at learning and leveraging new software and technology tools
* Demonstrated data analytic ability (Excel proficiency required)
* Team player capable of comfortably engaging with multiple internal functions and external customers
* Passionate and pro-active: a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team without missing a beat
* Flexible and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment
* Desire to do all of the above while developing professionally and being part of team that likes to have fun while working hard together
GuideSpark is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume to email@example.com.
17.) Foreign and Defense Policy Communications Assistant, American Enterprise Institute, Washington D.C.
18.) Corporate Communications, A³ by Airbus, San Jose, California
19.) Social Media Specialist/Senior Social Media Specialist, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Beijing, China
20.) Marketing & Communications Specialist, ICM Inc., Colwich, KS
21.) Digital Content Marketing Specialist, DLT Solutions, Herndon, VA
22.) Communications and Engagement Specialist, US Pharmacopeia (USP), Rockville, Maryland
23.) Communications Director, CLPHA, Washington, DC
24.) Digital Marketing Specialist, Nelson Design Group, Inc., La Plata, Maryland
25.) Marketing Communications Specialist I, Lennox International, Columbia, SC
26.) Advocacy Manager, International Paper, Washington, DC
27.) Communications Specialist, SK hynix America Inc., San Jose, CA
28.) Senior Manager, Brand Communications & PR, Make-A-Wish America, Phoenix, AZ
28.) Digital Marketing Specialist – Zoe Fine Art, Brentwood, TN
29.) Communications Manager, ASIS International, Alexandria, VA
30.) Manager/Corporate Communications, Southwest Gas, Las Vegas, NV
31.) Communications Coordinator, National University of Health Sciences, Lombard, IL
32.) Senior HR & Employee Engagement Communications Representative, Apache Corp, San Antonio, TX
33.) Region Lead, Public Affairs and Corporate Communications, Apache Corp, San Antonio, TX
34.) Marketing Communications Director, Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), Landover, MD
35.) Vice President, Corporate Communications, Rubenstein Public Relations, New York, NY
36.) Digital Communications Associate, Marketing & Communications, Media Relations, Boston University, Boston, MA
37.) Corporate Communications, Vice President, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), Los Angeles, CA
38.) Vice President, Corporate Communications Strategy, Hanley Wood, Minneapolis, MN
39.) Director of Marketing and Outreach, University of California, Riverside, Riverside, CA
40.) Director, Marketing & Communications, Michigan Biosciences Industry Association, Ann Arbor, MI
*** This week’s alternative job selections:
None this week.
*** Weekly Piracy Report:
105-18 OFFSHORE SUPPLY SHIP 13.06.2018: 0345 UTC : Posn : 04:53.6N – 001:43.3W, Takoradi Anchorage, Ghana.
Watchmen onboard a supply vessel noticed a small boat approaching the vessel.
As the watchmen made their way aft,the robbers boarded the vessel. Alarm raised. Seeing alerted crew the robbers escaped.
104-18 OFFSHORE SUPPLY SHIP 02.02.2018: 0245 UTC: Posn: 04:54.4N – 001:43.1W, Takoradi Anchorage, Ghana.
Two robbers boarded an anchored offshore supply vessel. Duty watchman noticed the robbers and raised the alarm, resulting in the robbers escaping with stolen ships stores. The OOW contacted the Naval base via VHF. A patrol boat was dispatched to the location.
*** Ball cap of the week: Kahlenberg
*** Coffee mug of the week: Hotel Wandl – Vienna – Austria
*** Polo-Shirt of the week: Ferns Country Store – Carlisle, Mass.
*** Musical guest artist of the week: Rebecca Parris
*** To subscribe: Contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cooperation is requested. Please send job opportunities to share with all JOTW members to email@example.com.
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web, please visit www.nedsjotw.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661 (home office)
+1 703 472-8629 (cell)
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2018 The Job of the Week Network, LLC
*** Ha’ina ‘ia mai ana ka’puana
(And So The Story Is Told)
13TH ANNUAL IABC HERITAGE REGION CONFERENCE
NOVEMBER 11 – 13, 2018