Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for September 5, 2018
Issue # 570
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** Sign up for regular free delivery of this newsletter through Google Groups by sending an email to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
Sept 5 Norfolk, VA
Sept 8-14 Lerici – La Spezia – Milan, Italy
Sept 24-26 Bingen, Washington
Oct 15-18 Halifax, NS, Canada
Nov 5-8 Orlando, FL
Nov. 26-30 Orlando, FL
*** 6th Annual Maritime Security West
August 27-29, 2018
San Diego, California
*** SNA Fall Golf Tournament
SNA GWC Fall Golf Tournament 26 September 2018 at Laurel Hill Golf Club
*** SNA GWC Social October 10, 2018 at the Marriott Crystal City – 1700-1900
*** Here are your DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Audit Management Specialist, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS), MCR, Washington, DC
2.) Senior Contracts Specialist, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-EIS), MCR, Reston, VA
3.) Knowledge Manager, MCR, Fairfax, VA
4.) Market Development Manager, Terma North America (TNA), Crystal City, VA
5.) Application Manager-Radar, Terma North America (TNA), Atlanta, GA
6.) Executive Administrative Assistant, Terma North America (TNA), Crystal City, VA
7.) Graphics / Visual Communications Analyst, NAVAIR, Naval Air Station Patuxent River, OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., Patuxent River, MD
8.) SENIOR ANALYST, WBB, Stafford, Virginia
9.) Sr. Principal Business Development Representative, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
10.) MISSILE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (NUCLEAR), U.S. Air Force, Department of the Air Force, Warren AFB, Wyoming
11.) PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST, Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force, Nellis AFB, Nevada
*** From Lorna Mae Devera:
12.) Expert Outreach/Strategic Communications Specialist (Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly), Perspecta, Bethesda, Maryland
13.) Systems Engineer Senior, Perspecta, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska
14.) Account Manager – Marine Corps Systems Command, Perspecta, Stafford, Virginia
15.) Missile/Toxic Materials Handler – DHA-WS-XXXX-1-15, Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force, Hill AFB, Utah
16.) Program Director – Marine Corps Training, General Dynamics Information Technology, Quantico, VA
17.) Donor Relations and Events Manager, National Military Family Association, Alexandria, VA
18.) Social Media and PR Manager, National Military Family Association, Alexandria, VA
19.) Field Services Technician, TrustComm, Inc., Ellington Field Joint Reserve Military Base, Houston, TX
20.) SUPV PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST, Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force, Fort Richardson, Alaska
*** From Sue Klima:
Director Business Operations
21.) Communications Planner – Account Manager, Akoya, Falls Church, VA
We are currently seeking a Communications Planner – Account Manager to support the Military Healthcare System’s communications office in Falls Church, VA.
• Serve as a productive member of a multidisciplinary team supporting the Military Health System (MHS) Strategic Communications Directorate
• Research, develop, write, and evaluate strategic communications plans for health care operations based on specific target events or activities. Coordinate strategies and tactics. Develop and meet milestones, deliverables, and timelines. Provide updates on status of communications plans.
• Serve as lead contract planner for J9 (Research & Development) communications efforts
• Serve as support to Senior Communications Planner on high impact, high visibility communications plans and projects
• Collaborate and coordinate with team members to support overarching MHS communications plans and initiatives
• Interface with subject matter experts for response to media inquiries, long lead media pieces for print and broadcast, media training and other communications targets of engagement to effectively and timely communicate messaging
• Lead brainstorming sessions with key subject matter experts and communications team leaders
• Develop key messages for senior leaders using existing templates
• Conduct In Progress Reviews (IPR’s) and senior leader briefings to provide status updates
• Translate complex health policy and management issues into policy memos, plans of action, senior leader talking points, and other forms of communication that can be used by senior leaders, stakeholders, and the MHS workforce
• Perform other tasks as assigned to support the senior leadership goals and mission of the MHS Communications Directorate
• Work closely with senior leadership and MHS communications team to support consistency of messaging across program offices and provide writing pieces, as needed
• Provide communications support to large conferences and events (occasional travel required)
• Ability to quickly and proactively learn and understand the culture, mission, and objectives of the client
• Ability to understand and anticipate client needs and provide value-added solutions
• Project a polished, professional appearance and demeanor
• Sound judgment and critical thinking skills
• Customer-focused mentality (understanding the importance of our clients and prospective clients)
• Ability to tactfully offer and accept constructive criticism
• Affinity for the work and the ability to be a strong team leader and follower, as required
• High stress tolerance with the ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to change
• Teamwork and flexibility (focused on team’s success and willing to take on new roles, as needed)
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
• Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Minimum five years of relevant work experience (preferred)
• Experience working with or good understanding of the Department of Defense (preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2018 Job of the Week Network, LLC