Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for February 27, 2019
Issue # 592
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** Sign up for regular free delivery of this newsletter through Google Groups by sending an email to Ned at email@example.com.
*** When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
Mar 5-8 Galveston, Texas
Marc 14-15 Millington, TN
Marc 18-20 San Diego, CA
Mar 23-28 Yellowknife, Tuktoyaktuk, NWT; Resolute Bay, Nunavut
Mar 30-April 3 Dubai, UAE
April 9-11 Lowell, Mass.
April 19-25 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
April 29-30 Abu Dhabi, UAE
May 29-30 Ottawa, Canada
June 25-26 Lagos, Nigeria
Aug 5-7 Los Angeles, CA
Aug 21-23 San Diego, CA
Sept 4-6 Copenhagen, Denmark
Nov 25-27 Kuwait City, Kuwait
*** 7th Annual Maritime Security East
March 5-7, 2019
*** Department of the Navy Forum for SBIR/STTR Transition (FST)
April 10-11, 2019. Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell, Lowell, MA.
*** The 2019 winter edition of the Department of the Navy SBIR/STTR Transitions newsletter is now on-line. Click the link: https://navyfst.com/link/winter2019 to find out what is new in the DoN SBIR/STTR world.
*** Here are your DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Technical Program Analyst, Systems Planning and Analysis, Alexandria, Virginia
2.) Tactical Analysis Center (TAC) Analyst, Ravenswood Solutions, Fremont, CA
3.) Range Operations Team Leader, Ravenswood Solutions, Boise, ID
4.) Lead Geospatial Systems Engineer (Top Secret/SCI Clearance), MITRE, Springfield, Virginia
5.) Reverse Engineer (TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance), MITRE, Annapolis Junction, Maryland
6.) ATT&CK Adversary Emulation – Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, MITRE, Bedford, Massachusetts
7.) Cyber Security, Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), BAE Systems, Merrimack, New Hampshire,
8.) Jr. Acquisition Logistics Analyst (ILS Support), CBAI & Associates INC., Washington, DC
9.) Mid-Level Logistics Analyst, Systems Safety Branch, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), CBAI & Associates INC., Stafford, VA or Dahlgren, VA.
10.) Logistics Management Specialist (Sr. Analyst), US Marine Corps Logistics Command, MAAR-MMICR, CBAI & Associates INC., Albany, GA
11.) Medical Logistics Supply Specialist, Camris International, Silver Spring, MD
12.) Principal Windows Systems Administrator, Northrop Grumman, Melbourne, FL
13.) Subject Matter Expert – Mission Specialist, Distributed Mission Operations (DMO), Distributed Training Center (DTC), MAG Aerospace, Langley AFB, Hampton, VA
14.) Production Controller, Supervisor of Shipbuilding Gulf Coast (SSGC) Availability Project Team, THOR Solutions, LLC, Pascagoula, Mississippi
15.) Technical Writer, Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) 1 and LCAC 100 programs, Naval Surface Warfare Center Panama City Division (NSWC PCD), , THOR Solutions, LLC, Panama City Beach, FL
16.) Logistician SME IV, Commander Naval Surface Force Atlantic (CNSL), THOR Solutions, LLC, Norfolk, VA
17.) Software Engineer – B-52 Simulation & Training, Rockwell Collins, Sterling, VA
*** From Sue Klima:
Good morning, Ned
Please post this Washington, DC position.
Director Business Operations
Communications Specialist II, Department of Homeland Security, Akoya, Washington, DC
- Serve as a communications specialist for the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Chief Procurement Officer as part of a 7-person contractor support team
- Independently develop and/or manage the development of strategic communications and marketing plans/campaigns to effectively reach target audiences
- Assist in the development of content and products to support communications plans, including but not limited to web copy, presentations, talking points, newsletters, reports, brochures, fact sheets, and social media messages
- Assess target audiences and communications channels (including digital platforms) to determine the most effective strategies
- Implement and measure the impact of communications tactics
- Assist in supporting client events as needed
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives related to current outreach events
- Participate in client conferences as requested
- Travel to Pittsburgh as required
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
– 7+ years of relevant work experience in communications
– Strong communications planning, writing, and editing proficiencies
– Experience utilizing digital platforms to support marketing campaigns
– Expertise in social media channels a plus
– Detail orientation with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
– Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
– Capable of strategic thinking and analysis of varied and complex matters
– Experienced and skilled in effective methods to reach targeted markets
– Capable of follow-up assessments of communications and/or marketing campaigns to ensure effectiveness of efforts
– Experienced in supporting similar efforts for other government clients
– Able to work under limited supervision
– Capable of learning (absorbing the culture—learning about the many varied tasks required daily; ability to offer and accept constructive criticism)
– Able to represent Akoya in a polished and professional manner and to make sound business decisions on behalf of Akoya and its clients
– Customer focused (understanding the importance of our clients and prospects)
– Able to tolerate stress (handling multiple tasks without getting rattled)
– Technical knowledge (use of Word, Excel, PPT, Access, and social media platforms)
– Skilled in time management (using time and resources to get the job done)
– Must be able to pass a Public Trust Clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
19.) Acoustic Programs Systems Engineer – Early Career, BOEING, Herndon, VA
20.) P-8A Acoustic Sensor Operator, KBRWyle, Lexington Park, MD
21.) Technical Writer, Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation, Huntsville, MD
22.) Operational Analyst/SME, BGI, LLC, Virginia Beach, VA
23.) Logistics Analyst, VIRGINIA (SSN 774) Class Submarine Program Management Office (PMS450), AECOM, Washington, DC
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2019 Job of the Week Network, LLC