A JOTW “Can't Wait” job listing with AARP
Media Relations Manager – Health, AARP, Washington, D.C.
AARP is over 39 million members strong – with more joining us everyday – and we're the “most powerful grassroots organization” around according to Fortune magazine.
We are seeking a professional who will develop and implement innovative international, national and state media strategies and campaigns that contribute to a well-defined media presence on AARP’s strategic priorities.
• Generate positive media coverage in new and creative ways, effectively curtailing negative press; and coordinate overall reputation/image among strategically designated audiences.
• Build and maintain collaborative working relationships between the state offices and Headquarters to ensure the Association’s strategic priorities around all communications activities are implemented in a very strategic manner in all state offices.
• Coordinate in a timely manner with Message and Content Management Group to develop accurate, concise strategic messages and statements that can be used by all levels of headquarters/Field staff and volunteers in a variety of external media and forums.
• Build relationships with media targets to ensure promotion of AARP’s strategic priorities.
• Responsible for media management for Executive and Board communications, crisis communication planning and management, strategic media planning and implementation for assigned issues areas (litigation, policy and legislative).
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related discipline.
• 5-7 years of experience as a media relations professional.
• Strong entrepreneurial skills, having been responsible for crafting and executing their own strategic plans for driving impact.
For more information and to apply, visit: http://www.aarp.org/aarp/human_resources/careers/ (see Integrated Communications). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
email@example.com. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2008 The Job of the Week network LLC
The International Association of Business Communicators is THE global
network for advancing your career. Join in September and save US$40.