Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter
DEFCON 1 newsletter for 18 January 2017
Issue # 493
“People aren’t supposed to look back. I’m certainly not going to do it anymore.”
This edition of DEFCON 1 comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the latest edition of the number one Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter, “DEFCON-1,” a networking newsletter featuring job opportunities and career advice for those who are part of the global defense, aerospace, maritime, marine technology and security industry.
DEFCON 1 brings you job opportunities every week, and counts on members like you to submit job listings to share and post in this newsletter.
*** NOTE: I am migrating this newsletter to a new Google Groups List (Defense Career Opportunities Network).
When you learn about a job opportunity in the defense sector, such as a position that comes open with your company, you send me the title, organization, location, and a brief description; link; or contact information, and I’ll share. This is a cooperative network. That means everyone’s participation is required to provide job opportunities to share.
I never give out, rent, or sell my list, and neither does Topica.
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
January 21-23 Gdansk, Poland
January 23-27 London, UK
March 6-10 Galveston, Texas
March 10-11 Chicago, Ill.
March 21-25 Langkawi, Malaysia
March 26-30 Accra, Ghana
April 16-18 Cartagena, Colombia
May 13-21 Tokyo/Kyoto, Japan
*** Surface Warships 2017
24th-26th January, 2017
Hilton London Docklands Riverside London, UK
*** Fifth Annual Maritime Security 2017 East
March 7-9, 2017
*** Coastal and Maritime Surveillance Africa conference and defence exhibition
27–29 March 2017
Accra International Conference Centre, Ghana
April 3-5, 2017
National Harbor, MD
*** 2017 DON Forum for SBIR/STTR Transition
APRIL 3-5, 2017
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
*** Here are the DEFCON 1 jobs for this week:
1.) Researcher/Sourcer, MCR, McLean, VA
2.) Configuration/Data Management Support Sr., MCR, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
3.) Adobe Insight Developer III, MCR, Reston, VA
4.) Vice President, BD, Airborne Systems, Terma North America (TNA), Arlington, VA
5.) Director, Business Development, Command, Control & Sensor Systems, Terma North America (TNA), Suffolk, VA or Arlington, VA
6.) Quality Engineer, Airborne Systems, Terma North America (TNA), Warner Robins, GA
7.) Aerospace Test Technician, Northrop Grumman, Redondo Beach, US
8.) Technical Editor and Writer, Northrop Grumman, Washington, DC
9.) B-2 Weapons Systems Engineer, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), Oklahoma City, OK
10.) Senior Systems Integration Engineer, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), Beavercreek
11.) Flight Test Engineer – OPS Engineer supporting Flight Test Programs, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), Edwards AFB, CA
12.) Animal Health Assistant, NF-03, U.S. ARMY MEDICAL COMMAND, Fort Wainwright, AK
13.) Engineering Technologist, Orbital ATK, Wallops Island, VA
14.) Technical Publications and Reproduction Center Intern, , Orbital ATK, Plymouth, MN
15.) Aeronautical Engineer, offered by Inconen, Lexington, KY
16.) Chief Counsel (Senior Executive Service (SES)), Army Materiel Command Legal Center-Aberdeen Proving Ground (ALC-APG), Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
17.) GNC-ADCS Control Systems Engineer, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA
18.) C2BMC Test Bed Engineer, Teledyne Brown Engineering, Colorado Springs, CO
19.) INSTALLATION SUPERVISORY PROGRAM MANAGER (PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT), MCCS LEJEUNE-NEW RIVER, U.S. MARINE CORPS, Jacksonville, NC
20.) Assembler 1, Aerojet Rocketdyne, Camden, AR
*** From Sue Klima:
21.) Account Manager—Health Care Operations, Military Health System (MHS), Akoya (Corporate Office located in Pittsburgh, PA), Falls Church, VA.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager—Health Care Operations to support the Military Health System (MHS) in Falls Church, VA.
The successful candidate will:
– Serve as a productive member of a multidisciplinary team supporting MHS Strategic Communications.
– Research, develop, write and evaluate strategic communications plans for health care operations based on specific targeted events or activities; coordinate strategies and tactics. Develop milestones, deliverables and timelines; and provide updates on the status of communications plans in progress.
– Collaborate and coordinate with team members to support overarching MHS communications plans and initiatives.
– Interface with subject matter experts for response to media inquiries and long lead media pieces for print and broadcast, as well as media training and other communications targets of engagement to communicate their messages.
– Lead brainstorming sessions with key subject matter experts and communications team leaders.
– Develop key messages for senior leaders using pre-designed templates.
– Conduct In-Progress Reviews (IPR’s) and senior leader briefings to provide status updates.
– Translate complex health policy and management issues into policy memos, action steps, senior leader talking points and other forms of communication that can be used by senior leaders, stakeholders, and the MHS workforce.
– Perform other tasks as assigned to support the senior leadership goals and mission of the MHS Communications Office.
– Work closely with senior leadership and the MHS communications team to support consistency of messaging across program offices, and provide writing as needed.
– Collaborate as directed with Akoya leadership and staff in the Pittsburgh headquarters, and travel to Pittsburgh as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
– Detail orientation with strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
– Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
– Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience; 5 years working with senior-level leaders
– Military experience/familiarity with TRICARE a plus.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com. No phone calls accepted.
22.) FINANCIAL ANALYST, UTC Aerospace Systems, Chula Vista, California
23.) Communications Manager, UTC Aerospace Systems, Windsor Locks, CT
*** Sponsorships and combination packages are available with www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourverynextstep.com. To sponsor or advertise, contact Ned Lundquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired)
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter is part of the “Job of the Week” network – A world in communication.
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2017 Job of the Week Network, LLC