Here's a JOTW “Can't Wait” opportunity from Kellogg Company
EXTERNAL MEDIA SPECIALIST, Kellogg Company, Battle Creek, Michigan
Kellogg Company is seeking an External Communications Specialist who will serve as first point of contact for members of the media; managing those inquiries received through the U.S. Kellogg Company media hotline and email.
Responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
-Managing Kellogg Media Hotline, including expediting media inquiries (phone and email)
-Overseeing daily News Briefs process, using good judgment in story selection and gaining approvals to ensure error-free and timely distribution each morning;
-Formulating answers and coordinating responses for media inquiries as directed;
-Tracking media inquiries and results, and preparing monthly Board of Directors summaries as well as Corporate Communications mid- and end-of-year results reports;
-Preparing media monitoring reports as needed for specific issues;
-Managing Vocus media software including inputting position statements, advisories, Q&A, fact sheets as directed
-Providing project management, writing, etc., support for projects as directed
– Four-year college degree in communications or journalism required.
– 1-2 years experience (internship or full-time) in public relations (corporate or agency) is required.
– Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
– Must be able to work independently as well as work effectively within a team.
– Must possess a positive, can-do attitude and deliver great customer service.
– Must be highly detail oriented and have exceptional organizational skills.
– Must have absolute ability to handle sensitive and confidential information as well as high level of accuracy with information.
– Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other public relation tools.
Those interested must apply via http://kelloggs.appone.com/Exempt/Menu.asp?ClientID=782&B_ID=33&ReqNumber=&SearchText=&KeyType=all&CatID=168&LocationID=25496%2C25502%2C25556%2C25751%2C30464%2C46119%2C48352%2C51555&x=45&y=8
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1) and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of The Job of
the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
email@example.com. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web,
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
© Copyright 2009 The Job of the Week Network, LLC