A JOTW “Can't Wait” posting from Payless ShoeSource from Rob Hallam at Collective Brands
Ned, we have a great opportunity on our team for a manager of store
communication for our Payless ShoeSource business unit. In addition to
overseeing a retail operations communications team, this manager oversees
all associate communication for the Payless unit. The position is based
in Kansas. The direct link to the position is below; all applications
should be submitted through our online system.
VP Communication & Social Responsibility
Collective Brands, Inc.
Manager, Payless Store Communications, Payless ShoeSource, Collective Brands, Topeka, Kansas
Reports to: Vice President of Communication and Social
Responsibility (75%) and Division Senior Vice
President of Human Resources (25%)
Collective Brands, Inc. (NYSE: PSS) is a leader in bringing compelling lifestyle, fashion and performance brands for footwear and related accessories to consumers worldwide. The company operates three strategic business units which reach consumers through a powerful brand portfolio, sold at multiple price points and through diverse selling channels including retail, wholesale, ecommerce, franchising and licensing.
Collective Brands, Inc. includes Payless ShoeSource, a chain of more than 4,500 retail stores focused on democratizing fashion and design in footwear and accessories; Stride Rite, a premiere portfolio of lifestyle, athletic, and children's brands, including Stride Rite(R), Keds(R), Sperry Top-Sider(R), Robeez(R), and Saucony(R), sold primarily through wholesaling; and Collective Licensing International, the brand development, management and global licensing unit, with youth lifestyle brands such as Airwalk(R), Vision Street Wear(R), Lamar(R), and Sims(R), among others. Information about each of the Collective Brand's business units and brands can be found at http://www.collectivebrands.com.
Our world headquarters is centrally located in Topeka, KS, facilitating easy travel to all parts of the country. And, Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
Internal Communications lead for the largest specialty footwear company in the Western Hemisphere.
The Manager of Store Communications oversees a team that develops and distributes global communications targeted specifically at field leaders and store associates (approximately 25,000 employees working in 4,500 locations in the U.S., Canada, Central and South America). This position requires a strong proficiency in communication and the ability to interact with/manage expectations of a large, diverse group of partners/clients (both inside the corporate office and in the field).
– Strategic planning – Leading/managing a cross-functional team, drive the process to develop communication plans to support the company¿s seasonal business plans (i.e., promotional calendars, brand launches, etc.).
– Executive communication planning and execution
– Manage production/delivery of communication via multiple channels (all printed and electronic communication, multiple languages)
– Metrics to improve communications – Maintain editorial calendar and metrics system to maximize planned messages and minimize communication errors. Use reporting data to develop recommendations for change.
– Manage and develop team of writers, project managers and copy center/mail room associates
– Channel development – Develop store intranet functionality based on associate usability and strategic need
– Annual Field Leadership Meeting content development and meeting planning
– Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, business or other related field
– Experience leading/managing a communications function in a retail organization; prefer candidates with experience in large, multi-unit organizations with highly dispersed workforces
– Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
– Strong experience managing both electronic and print media, including portal/website
– Project management skills
– Proven team player, able to build partnerships with cross-functional teams in a retail environment
– Required technical skills – Proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office software, including Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Sharepoint
– Foreign language skills (esp. Spanish and French) are not required, but experience managing multi-language communications/ translation services is desirable
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities
Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a
service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is
editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to
The submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
There is a $300 charge for JOTW “Can't Wait” announcements. There is a
$200 charge for DEFCON-1 “Can't Wait” announcements. You can send to
both lists for $400.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are
welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web,
http://www.topica.com/lists/JOTW/read or www.nedsjotw.com.
If you want to unsubscribe, read the instructions at the end of this
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661
© Copyright 2009 The Job of the Week Network, LLC