A JOTW “Can't Wait” job posting from GDIT
Communications Specialist, General Dynamics Information Technology, Fairfax, VA
1.Develops and updates communications materials and provides communications and marketing support services for company and business level requirements. Representative support areas may include the following: advertising, collateral, sponsorship, website content, events, media relations writing and communication campaigns.
2. Coordinates with Communications Director and various business unit and department management to ensure accurate information is incorporated in communications messages, materials and activities.
3. Maintains current knowledge of company services, products, partners, and organization.
4. Maintains current knowledge of major industry, competitor and customer events, issues, and activities.
5. Participates in special projects as required by Communications Directors/VP.
Bachelor's Degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
(state type and preferred
# of years)
Requires 2-5 years of directly related writing, communications and marketing experience
1. Strong and effective writing and editing skills and interpersonal communications skills are a must.
2. Knowledge of the practices and procedures of marketing and communications to include effective integrated communications campaign development, online communications and branding.
3. Knowledge of company, Federal customers and Federal IT industry services a plus.
4. Proficiency in the use of MS word, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and or other related software applications.
Job ID number: 175708
POC: Joe Pendry
Office Phone: 703-995-3378
E-mail address: Joseph.Pendry@gdit.com
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to JOTWfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to DCOemail@example.com.
To submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW network. DEFCON 1 “Can't Wait” postings are $200, and you can blast your message out to both lists for $400.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at email@example.com.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web, please visit www.nedsjotw.com.
If you want to unsubscribe, read the instructions at the end of this email.
The JOTW newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
(C) Copyright 2010 The Job of the Week Network, LLC