A JOTW “Can’t Wait” posting from AstraZeneca
Sr. Manager Corporate Communications – Sales, AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE
Employee understanding of the company's business strategies and strategic initiatives, its people strategies and initiatives, and company policies are essential to effective execution against those strategies, strong business performance, organizational effectiveness and best-in-class employee engagement, a US scorecard priority. A Senior Manager — Corporate Communications, Sales — will develop and implement high-impact, integrated communications plans for sales in support of people strategies and initiatives, company policies and the corporate strategy to embed integrity and compliance in all aspects of plans and business operations. The position will provide strategic communications counsel, assessment, integrated planning and execution in support of senior Sales leaders for the Specialty Care sales teams. The person in this role will work within and champion a culture focused on Planning, Producing and Integrating with extreme clarity and flexibility.
• Work with sales and brand leadership to develop comprehensive, integrated communications plans for the selling team(s) assigned. Develop overarching message platforms for all content going to the selling team(s).
• Coordinate selling message and direction coming from multiple brand teams and national sales director to their team, working with Business Alignment to ensure a consistent, integrated flow of communication to the selling teams that “tell the bigger story.”
• Partner with Brand Corporate Affairs colleagues to monitor and determine appropriate action for brand-related issues in the external environment.
• Ensure all communications share a unified, on-brand look and feel that reflect the company's business priorities and strategy.
• Prioritize messages and act as gatekeeper.
• Act as “quality control” oversight for content created by the brand teams and national sales directors. Ensure communications are on-message and pushed through the appropriate channels, including approval as needed.
• Proactively uncover issues, trends and concerns within the selling team; craft strategic communication plans to shape current thinking
• Advise sales leadership on sequencing for communication cascades; counsel national sales directors on message, approach and style for planned communications.
• Encourage cross-functional collaboration and information exchange across a highly matrixed sales and marketing organization.
• Support execution of AstraZeneca's commercial model and sales strategy.
• Monitor and assist in gaining employee feedback through formal and informal communications.
• Support development and consistent use of Sales communication channels. As a member of the functional Corporate Communications team:
• Provide feedback on the needs and issues of the field sales audience to influence corporate deliverables.
• Identify and develop content from the clients/client projects to imbed into ongoing corporate communications.
• Act on behalf of Corporate Communications at sales meetings and surface underlying concerns, trends and potential issues with team. Skills and Competencies Strategic Planning
• Communicate an aligned, clear, unifying vision across all brands
• Push marketing strategy through highly operational-focused sales organization
• Ensure all written and verbal communications to the field “tell one story” Focus on Delivery
• Make effective and timely decisions even in the face of ambiguity
• Take responsibility for actions and results and encourage others to do so
• Ensure performance is measured rigorously against expected results Build Relationships
• Develop role as trusted advisor with National Sales Directors
• Integrate and balance national, regional and local considerations
• Strive to improve cross-functional cooperation and eliminate activities that do not add value
• Listen attentively and respond constructively to the needs, viewpoints, and interests of others
• Build coalitions across heavily siloed teams and organizations
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing or related field
• 8 years communications experience (at least half of which involved significant internal communications for medium to large organization)
• Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, goals, and project initiatives
• Experience on fast-paced, results driven team
• Superior writing and editing skills
• Highly developed strategic planning skills
• Strong negotiation ability
• Maturity and composure under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to interact and counsel senior executives compellingly
• Ability to understand and interpret scientific and medical data
• First-rate coordination, collaboration, organization and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of sales organization and needs
• Experience with sales/marketing/commercial communications
• Corporate/internal communications
• Leadership support
Application link: http://jobs.astrazeneca.com/jobs/566-sr-manager-corporate-communications
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to JOTWemail@example.com.
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to DCOfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to email@example.com. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW network. DEFCON 1 “Can't Wait” postings are $200, and you can blast your message out to both lists for $400.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication For your hospitality, thank you!