*** From A JOTW “Can’t Wait” posting from Jennifer Hankin:
Senior Manager, Media Relations, AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE
Corporate reputation, responsible business practices, financial performance and brand success are top priorities for AZ's global and US business. Achieving quantitative and qualitative success in these areas translates into AZ meeting its strategic business goals.
A Senior Manager, Media Relations & Corporate Initiatives will oversee implementation of external communications strategies and support planning and execution to deliver against these top priorities. Delivers strategic communications counsel, assessment, integrated planning and execution in support of senior leaders and functional/cross-functional leadership teams. Shapes external perceptions of AstraZeneca and proactively communicates the company's position on key issues and policies that contribute to a positive company reputation. The person in this role will work within and champion a culture focused on Planning, Producing & Integrating with extreme clarity and flexibility.
* Develops and executes media relations campaigns to promote AstraZeneca in U.S. business, trade and mainstream press.
* Builds and maintains relationships with key national, business and trade print, online and broadcast media.
* Serves as spokesperson for company on key issues, while managing and responding to incoming media requests.
* Develops statements, press releases, and Q&As to reflect the company's position on various issues, including material/share-sensitive events
* Supports AstraZeneca's social media engagement, including Facebook, Twitter and the corporate blog.
* Helps lead issues management activities for situations that could adversely impact AstraZeneca.
* Supports functional external issues teams involving key internal partners such as Legal, R&D and all aspects of US Corporate Affairs
* Manages execution of external communications strategies and plans for major and select cross-functional projects
* Bachelor's degree required in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
* 5 – 10 years' experience in corporate communications
* Recent (within last year) experience working directly key industry media — both traditional and digital
* Hands-on experience in managing proactive/reactive media relations programs involving complex regulatory, legal, financial, etc. issues — including litigation and business results
* Strong skills and experience managing digital content and digital media plan creation and monitoring
* Demonstrated ability to interact, with, counsel and influence senior executives effectively
* Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, goals, and project initiatives
* Experience managing communications professionals, vendors and agencies
* Highly developed strategy planning skills
* Excellent writing, editing, visual arts and communication skills, with a proven ability to write and edit a wide variety of external communications materials — including press releases, reserve press statements, talking points, video scripts, etc
* Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities
* Problem solving skills
* Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
* NOTE: All applicants not currently working in US Corporate Communications will be required to demonstrate a sufficient level of writing skills and provide project management work samples
Reference # 601644
Location Wilmington, DE
Apply to URL http://jobs.astrazeneca.com/jobs/620-senior-manager-media-relations
*** The Job of the Week newsletter, the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter (DEFCON-1), www.nedsjotw.com and www.yourdefcon1.com are a service of The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and publisher.
To subscribe to JOTW for free, send a blank email to JOTWemail@example.com.
To subscribe to DEFCON-1 for free, send a blank email to DCOfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit a job to share with the JOTW network, send to email@example.com. Listing a job in the weekly newsletter is free.
“Can't Wait” postings have immediate impact and get immediate results.
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW network. DEFCON 1 “Can't Wait” postings are $200, and you can blast your message out to both lis ts for $400.
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The JOTW Network – A world in communication For your hospitality, thank you!
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web, please visit www.nedsjotw.com.
If you want to unsubscribe, read the instructions at the end of this email.
The JOTW newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
(C) Copyright 2011 The Job of the Week Network, LLC