A JOTW Can't Wait job opportunity from Crowell & Moring LLP
Senior Manager, Proposal and Business Development, Marketing and Business Development department, Crowell & Moring LLP, Washington, DC
One of Washington, DC’s best law firms, Crowell & Moring LLP currently seeks a Senior Manager, Proposal and Business Development for our Marketing and Business Development department.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Manage and draft proposals, pitches, meeting documents, and associated tools to support client acquisition and retention.
• Manage and perform content creation, research, graphics management, editing, word processing and production.
• Manage and maintain all pitch and proposal collateral in coordination with all stakeholders.
• Track all pitches and proposals in the pipeline and provide reports on status, deadlines and outcome of all submissions.
• Develop competitive intelligence reports to guide sound business decisions at individual, practice group, and firm levels.
• Develop and oversee all marketing and business development-related initiatives for the practices for which he/she is responsible.
• Work with practice groups and Marketing leadership to create strategic plans to drive the business development and marketing goals of practice groups.
• Work with lead partners to seek out cross-selling opportunities and developing and executing related initiatives.
• Support other marketing staff, business managers and firm attorneys in collateral development, business development, and copy-editing projects as needed.
• Well-developed understanding of and experience in a law firm/professional services marketing and business development environment.
• Experience and knowledge regarding proposal development tools and processes.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as lead teams of senior of professionals.
• Experience and knowledge regarding competitive intelligence tools and processes.
• Knowledge and experience conducting Internet-based research using tools.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Marketing; or combination of equivalent work experience and education required.
• Minimum five (5) years experience in a proposal and business development role required.
• Background in professional services or law firm marketing preferred.
To apply, please visit http://www.crowell.com/careers. Please select “Professional Staff” and then “Available Opportunities” to view our job listings.
*** The Job of the Week newsletter and www.nedsjotw.com are a service of
The Job of the Week Network LLC. Ned Lundquist, ABC, is editor and
There is a $300 fee for posting a “Can't Wait” announcement to the JOTW
To submit a “Can't Wait” announcement, contact Ned at
email@example.com. The JOTW Network – A world in communication. For your hospitality, thank you!