Four JOTW Can’t Wait Postings from Margaret Kurtz with the United Nations Foundation
1.) Senior Officer, Online Communications (UNF), United Nations Foundation (UNF) / Better World Fund (BWF), Washington DC
The Senior Officer, Online Communications (UNF) will be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation of cross-cutting UN Foundation online properties. He/she will create, edit and post web content to www.unfoundation.org and the Foundation’s primary social media outlets. He/she will develop new and further develop existing online strategies, including but not limited to: The Foundation’s multiple issue area priorities, coordination with UN agency social media and online communications teams, Foundation event and partner engagement opportunities, and the Foundation’s Global Connections blog.
He/she will develop, propose and implement online strategies for constituency-building and online engagement based on metrics and performance report analysis.
The Senior Online Communications Officer (UNF) reports to the Director Online Communications and is a member of the Public Affairs team.
- Work with Director, Online Communications and Communication Directors to create and implement strategic online and multimedia plans for the Foundation and consider synergy opportunities across Foundation campaigns and initiatives;
- Ability to work independently and with a team to identify, explore and implement creative online strategies; make recommendations for content and online communications tools;
- Manage web content and blog development process to include writing and editing web and email messaging for the Foundation’s primary website, unfoundation.org;
- Manage the UN Foundation online editorial calendar with other Foundation campaigns and initiatives;
- Proactive grassroots outreach online (blogs, community networking sites, listservs);
- Work with the Public Affairs team and program staff on to ensure content sharing and synergy across foundation websites;
- Manage branding and messaging consistency on and offline;
- Work closely with Foundation staff and vendors to redesign and refresh UNF online properties and social media outlets as needed;
- Monitor and analyze web and email metrics to enhance traffic and supporter participation;
- Keep up-to-date on online communications and web industry standards and trends;
- Make recommendations to the Public Affairs team, when needed, on multi-media presentations, filming, editing, etc.
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned.
- Five to seven years of writing, editing and managing online communications and projects;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field
- Project management experience
- Experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts in coordination with campaign online communications and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, etc.);
- Knowledge and prior use of HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in CRM & CMS — Convio and Joomla highly preferable.
- Proficiency in the use of social media monitoring and analytics tools;
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly-changing environment.
- Stress tolerance and resilience; sense of humor; highly organized; attention to detail; and ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills.
- Multi-cultural experience, general knowledge of global issues and the United Nations system, and an understanding of the UN Foundation mission, programs, strategy and goals.
- Knowledge of video editing software such as Final Cut Pro
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and anticipated contribution to the Foundation.
UNF pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance premiums for its employees and 75% of medical and vision for employees’ dependents.
In addition, UNF provides 20 days of paid vacation per year, 12 paid holidays, three personal days per year, an immediately vested 150% matching 403(b) contribution up to a limit of six-percent of employee pay, Metro Pass benefits, and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
Please apply on-line at https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=4253002
Important note – Our online system allows ONLY ONE document to be uploaded. Please save your resume and cover letter as ONE document BEFORE APPLYING.
All applicants must submit a cover letter – please save upload your resume and cover letter as one document – either .pdf or .doc.
Please contact Margaret Kurtz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
UNF/BWF is an AA/EEO employer.
People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
United Nations Foundation
1800 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 400, Washington DC 20036
2.) Senior Communications Director, Campaigns and Initiatives, United Nations Foundation, Washington DC
Please apply through our website here – http://www.unfoundation.org/who-we-are/careers/sr-comms-off-camp-init.html
3.) Senior Director, Digital Multimedia and Strategy, United Nations Foundation, Washington DC
Please apply through our website here – http://www.unfoundation.org/who-we-are/careers/sr-dir-dig-multi-strat.html
4.) Senior Director, Foundation Communications and Outreach, United Nations Foundation, Washington DC
Please apply through our website here – http://www.unfoundation.org/who-we-are/careers/sr-dir-foun-comms-out.html