A Special JOTW Can’t Wait posting from Kellogg Company
Manager, Internal Communications, Kellogg Company, Oakbrook, Illinois
GROW WITH US… While you are at it you’ll be building your expertise and making a difference in a thriving global environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll build a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Manager, Internal Communications at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Executing against the global IT strategic communications plan, which seeks to raise visibility, understanding and partnership with IT across Kellogg, as well as increase employee engagement within the IT function
• Providing IT leaders with strategic communications counsel
• Providing dedicated communications support for the Global IT Senior Leadership Team, including crafting communications tools such as executive communications for the CIO, project-specific communications plans, intranet articles, key messages/Q&As, presentation decks and other communications
• Developing and implementing communication plans to support Organizational Transformation and Change Management initiatives
• Creating, implementing and maturing effective, simplified and consistent communication processes within IT and to Kellogg stakeholder audiences
• Measuring the effectiveness of IT communication programs
• Ensuring the global IT organization is connected to the Kellogg HQ location through integrated communications approaches
• Supporting site-specific communications needs, such as campus-wide or IT events; or communication needs specific to social responsibility or diversity & inclusion
• Leveraging resources across IT to support the required communications and training for IT initiatives
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Corporate Communications, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field with progressively responsible communications experience, preferably in corporate communications and a focus on employee communications change initiatives
• Thorough understanding of communications principles and practices
• Excellent communication and project-management skills with very strong writing, proofing and editorial skills. Fluent in AP Style.
• Able to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple priorities, while executing on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment
• Ability to effectively partner and communicate with all level of employees
• Capable of understanding multiple audiences and able to develop content focused on specific employee needs
• Possess a positive, can-do attitude and ability to provide excellent client service
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of IT work processes strongly desired
• Knowledge of SharePoint
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Visit http://www.kelloggcareers.com/en_US/professional-career.html, and select Communications/Public Relations under the Job Function tab.