IABC World Conference 2021
Join us online 28-30 June for the 2021 IABC World Conference
June 21, 2021
The Free Job of the Week Newsletter
This is JOTW newsletter number 1,902
“Self-sacrifice is the real miracle out of which all the reported miracles grow”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
This edition of JOTW comes to you from Springfield, Virginia.
*** Welcome to the JOTW network!
You are one of more than 5,970+ members in the JOTW subscriber network.
This is the award-winning free Job of the Week e-mail networking newsletter for professional communicators, dedicated to the positive unanticipated consequences of networking, or as we call it, “nedworking.” JOTW is a cooperative service. That means JOTW relies on the contributions of its members, like you. We share job opportunities, news and information about the job market, as well as swapping stories about life’s peculiarities. We connect you with others who are like you, and together we help each other. What a concept. Did I mention it’s free?
*** To submit a job for sharing on JOTW, please provide the job title, organization or company, and location and send it to Ned at email@example.com. Provide a link or contact info so people can check out your listing or follow up if interested.
*** Posting a job is free. Recruiters can submit up to three jobs for free. Each job listing may be posted once in the newsletter for free
I request that you do not send pdf files that I have to copy and reformat. I prefer you provide your very brief job description in an email rather than an enclosure. Please limit the size of your position descriptions (generally to 500 words or less). “Can’t Wait” blast email priority listings are $300, and “Top Job” placement is $100. Just send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** This is a cooperative service. It relies on your participation and contribution. As you receive the benefit of this free newsletter, you should also send in jobs you learn about. This is especially the case when there are job listings in the companies that you work for.
*** To sign up for JOTW’s new Google Groups list, send an email to Ned at email@example.com and request to join the JOTW listserv. If you received this as an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, then you are on this list.
*** This week’s Can’t Wait postings:
None this week.
Can’t Wait jobs: These jobs are forwarded to the entire list as soon as they are received, and do not wait for the Monday newsletter, and are posted prominently on the JOTW website. Then they are posted first in the weekly JOTW newsletter. Can’t Wait postings cost $300. Contact Ned at email@example.com.
*** This week’s Top Job:
None this week.
Top Jobs: Stand above the rest. Your job can be right here, at the top of the weekly JOTW newsletter. Top job placement costs $100 per job per week. To be on top, contact Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** If you find out about a job opportunity in communications, send it to me (email@example.com), and I’ll share it with the JOTW network.
*** Here’s the link for the JOTW newsletter on the website:
*** One Paragraph Pitch:
None this week.
*** Send your One Paragraph Pitch submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pitch yourself or your business any way you want, as long as it’s short and to the point. You can include a photo, too! There is no waiting list. Or, if there is, the queue is pretty short. And it’s free! Submit yours today!
*** IABC World Conference 2021
It’s About Time
Join us online 28-30 June for the 2021 IABC World Conference, a virtual experience centered around the theme “It’s About Time.” Focusing on our collective strength and ability to impact the world around us—acknowledging the continuous, evolved state of change we’re wading through each day—we’ll discuss what’s next and how we’ll set about accomplishing “it,” no matter what “it” is to you.
It’s about time for…
It’s about time we get together, don’t you think?
*** Free defense industry jobs newsletter
DEFCON 1 – the Defense Career Opportunities Newsletter – is a weekly listing of all types of jobs in the defense-related industries. Subscribe for free. To sign up, send Ned an email to email@example.com and tell him you want to get on the DEFCON 1 listserv. (Note: JOTW is a list of communication jobs in all industries. DEFCON 1 is a list of all types of jobs in one industry.)
*** Ned’s upcoming travel, maybe, perhaps:
July 13-15 Milwaukee, Wisc.
July 26-30 San Diego, CA
Aug. 24-28 San Diego, CA
Sept. 11-21 Newport Beach, CA / Honolulu, Hawaii / Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii
Oct. 21-24 Los Angeles, CA
Nov 10-18 London, UK
*** 1,900 milestone
*** From Bernie Wagenblast:
Congratulations on reaching the 1,900 milestone!
*** From Dan Carpenter:
1,900 is a HUGE number. Kudos to you Ned. danno
*** From Mark Sofman:
Congrats on #1900, Ned!
*** From Lindsay J.K. Nichols:
CONGRATS on #1900, Ned! Your newsletter has been life changing. Because of you and JOTW:
I’ve found two jobs.
I keep my ear to the ground on good opportunities in my field.
I’ve hired a freelancer to cover my coworker while she was on maternity leave.
I connected with an old friend.
All of the young people I mentor slash supervise as an intern – at this point, that’s more than 100 people – know where to find fantastic jobs worldwide.
Thank you for all that you do!
Lindsay J.K. Nichols
*** Your Very Next Step!
The latest issue of Your Very Next Step newsletter is available online NOW!
The May/June 2021 issue of Your Very Next Step newsletter is now available
By Ned Lundquist
This edition of YVNS was sent to YVNS readers from Key West, Florida.
Lots of travel and adventure news, vacation ideas, tips and features.
8 cool volunteer and internship opportunities
25 travel/conservation/adventure jobs
Check it out, because your next adventure begins with your very next step.
“Your Very Next Step” adventure/outdoors/conservation newsletter, published by Ned Lundquist, is a cooperative community, and everyone is invited, no…encouraged, no…urged to participate. Share your adventures with the network today! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to YVNS for free: Join our Google Groups Listserv. If you are already a Google Groups member, just sign up for the “Your Very Next Step” group. Otherwise, send Ned an email and he’ll get you on the list. Contact Ned at email@example.com.
Do you have any interesting travel and adventure stories, tips, suggestions, adventures or destinations to share? Send to Ned at firstname.lastname@example.org for the next issue of YVNS.
*** From Woody Goulart:
If you are like millions who are seeking employment in the wake of the contagious virus, there is insightful free online information for you.
https://streamingaudiovideo.com (produced by JOTW blogger Woody Goulart) shows you how you can successfully start audio and video streaming over the internet from where you now are living without traveling to an external workplace or employer location. The website contains suggestions for real-world strategies and tactics you can put to use to generate revenue through the use of today’s proven streaming audio and video channels.
*** Here are your JOTW job opportunities for this week:
1.) Strategic Communications Advisor to the President, NAIT, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2.) Director, Communications & External Affairs, Forsyth County, Cumming, GA
3.) Account Supervisor, Public Relations and Communications, LEVICK, Washington, DC
4.) VP, Corporate Communications (Remote), TrueCar, Inc., : Santa Monica, California
5.) Director of Development & Communications, 18 Reasons, Bay Area, California
6.) Communication Representative, Central Electric Cooperative, Inc., Parker, Pennsylvania
7.) Communications Specialist, Zolon Tech Solutions Inc., Baltimore, MD
8.) Communications Advisor, Affinity Credit Union, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
9.) Senior Director Communications, Verge Scientific Communications, Washington, DC
*** From Bill Seiberlich:
10.) CONTENT & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School, King of Prussia, PA
11.) External Communications Specialist/Senior Specialist, Adaptimmune, Philadelphia, PA
12.) In-House Editor, Taylor & Francis, Informa Group, Philadelphia, PA
13.) Senior Director Employee Experience, Strategic Communication and Programs, VMware, Multiple locations / Opportunity for Working Remotely
14.) Internal Communications Manager, APJ, VMware, Singapore
15.) Senior Manager, Executive and Employee Communication – EMEA, VMware, Munich, Germany / Staines, UK / Paris, France
16.) Communications and Outreach Coordinator, Children Now, Oakland,California
*** From Kara Dress:
We have a new job opportunity from ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers). It’s for a marketing manager for our technical R&D conferences business.
This position is remote, though we have US offices in New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC, and Houston.
Would you please post in the next available issue?
17.) Manager, Conferences Marketing, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY (Remote)
18.) Communications & Engagement Manager, NPR, Washington, DC
19.) Communications Coordinator, Zūm Services, Austin, TX
20.) Social Media Assistant, Zūm Services, Austin, TX
21.) Director – Corporate Communications – Change Communications, KPMG US, Raleigh, NC
22.) Communications Manager – Talent, D&I, Ernst & Young, Boston, MA
*** From Rachel Korkodilos:
Community Catalyst is hiring a Senior State Advocacy Manager. Please find details about the position below.
23.) Senior State Advocacy Manager, State Consumer Health Advocacy Program (SCHAP), Community Catalyst, Boston, Massachusetts
Join an organization at the forefront of health advocacy across the nation
Community Catalyst is a leading 501(c) 3 non-profit national health advocacy organization dedicated to building a movement for health equity and justice. We partner with local, state, and national advocates to leverage and build community power so all people can influence the decisions that impact their health.
Health systems will not be accountable to people without a fully engaged and organized community voice. That’s why we work every day to ensure people’s interests are represented wherever important decisions about health and health care are made: in communities, state houses and on Capitol Hill. Follow us on Twitter @CommCatHealth.
Our State Consumer Health Advocacy Program works with partners in more than 45 states to build consumer leadership and a strong, organized consumer voice to shape health policy and transform the health system at the federal, state, and local levels. We partner with state and local organizations to help them develop effective consumer advocacy networks and leverage their influence for multi-state and national impact through the use of our System of Advocacy.
The Senior State Advocacy Manager manages relationships with state and community-based advocacy organizations throughout the country, providing technical assistance using the System of Advocacy model to build organizations’ capacities. This role will manage a portfolio of state and local partners who are running campaigns to: expand the Medicaid program in non-expansion states; defend and build support for the Medicaid program; advance other policies addressing health care coverage, access, and affordability and health equity issues; and build community power through grassroots organizing efforts. A key element of the position is coaching advocacy groups and community organizations on planning issue campaigns, coalition building, grassroots organizing, strategic communications, policy strategy, and financial sustainability. The successful candidate will be a team player, a strong facilitator, and have the ability to take initiative within their scope of work.
The Senior State Advocacy Manager will be supervised by the Associate Director, State Consumer Health Advocacy Program.
- Manage relationships with state and local partner organizations across the country, including day-to-day interactions, grants and program requirements.
- Assist state and local partners to implement policy campaigns with special focus on coalition development and management, grassroots advocacy strategy, and campaign building.
- Work with partners to ensure a health justice and racial justice lens throughout their work.
- Catalyze and help lead strategies to bring anti-racism and health equity to the forefront in our program work and in the organization’s overall work. At different times, this may include leading formal or informal Community Catalyst teams or committees, coaching staff, conducting public speaking, leading workshops and conference calls, providing technical assistance and developing tools about health equity.
- Collaborate with other Community Catalyst staff to maintain up-to-date knowledge of local, state and federal policy initiatives and advocacy strategies in order to identify and share potential issues and/or opportunities with local and state partners.
- Assist the State Consumer Health Advocacy Program with new and existing program design, proposal development, planning, evaluation, and reporting.
- Actively participate as a member of internal Community Catalyst teams, including helping to plan our annual conference and serving on our technical assistance provider team.
- Provide written contributions to grant proposals and funder reports, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Serve on Community Catalyst’s Together for Medicaid team, working with state and local advocates to close the Medicaid coverage gap in non-expansion states and supporting our Together for Medicaid Learning Community.
- Build the capacity of state-based and grassroots organizations to advocate for change through coaching and facilitating peer-to-peer learning. Areas of support include: issue campaign planning, coalition-building, grassroots organizing, strategic communications, policy strategy, financial sustainability and organizational development.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years relevant work experience or 6 years relevant work experience
- Experience in advocacy including grassroots organizing or campaign planning, and partnering with diverse coalitions and stakeholders
- Experience providing technical assistance, coaching, or training
- Proven skills in relationship development and collaboration, including a demonstrated ability to appreciate and adapt to different cultural communications norms and styles
- Strong verbal communication skills including experience with public speaking
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to convey complex information so it is easily understood by the public
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects at once, respond to tight timelines, pay attention to detail and operate effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to health justice and equity, and racial justice
- Previous leadership experience in:
o partnering with program leadership to lead an initiative within a program or project
o identifying significant ways to improve project work, implementing those initiatives with approval of leadership.
- Demonstrated experience and/or ability to build and manage key external relationships, such as with funders or national partners.
- Experience managing issues campaigns.
- Knowledge of health care, the Affordable Care Act, and Medicaid programs.
- Lived experience in the above-mentioned issue areas.
BENEFITS & SALARY RANGE
- Salary range: $62,150 – $68,000
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package
- Location: Flexible, can be based anywhere with the USA. If the employee is not based on the East Coast, flexibility in supporting different time zones may be required.
Applicants should submit a resume with a one-page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please put “Senior State Advocacy Manager, State Consumer Health Advocacy Program” in the subject line.
24.) Campaigns Technical Assistance Provider – Federal Campaign Team And State Consumer Health Advocacy Program, Community Catalyst, Boston, MA with additional offices in Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Washington DC, St. Louis, MO, Lansing, MI, and New York City. Position may be based remotely.
25.) Digital Communications Brand Manager – Gerber, Nestle USA, Arlington, VA
26.) Brand Communications Marketing Associate – Pizza & Snacking, Nestle USA, Solon, OH
27.) Lead Advertising & Marketing Communications, Nestle Nespresso, New York, NY
28.) Communications Manager, Practical Farmers of Iowa, Ames, Iowa
*** From Gina Tenuta:
I would like to advertise this job opening in your newsletter for Monday!
Director of Communications, International Code Council, Any ICC Office or Remote for the right individual.
Contact me directly (Gina Tenuta <gtenuta@ICCSafe.ORG>) OR apply at: Dir of Communications Application
HR Business Partner, SHRM-CP
International Code Council
Chicago District Office
Country Club Hills, IL
29.) Director of Communications, International Code Council, Washington, D.C. or Remote, Any ICC Office
The Director of Communications develops and implements our strategic communications and public relations programs. Direct reports are 4, including Communications Manager, Social Media and Website Editor, Periodicals Editor, and Communications Assistant. He/she acts as the press officer for the association and is primarily responsible for overseeing our internal and external communications, including the media relations program, the social media strategy and Building Safety Month.
– Helps develop and implement strategic communications, social media and media relations programs aligned with the association’s goals.
– Acts as the primary press contact for media inquiries. Oversees our media relations program and helps identify and proactively pitch stories and maintain ongoing positive relationships with media on behalf of the association.
– Writes, edits, produces and/or coordinates content for internal and external publications including press releases, executive correspondence, talking points, op-eds, newsletters, magazines, brochures, websites, speeches, etc. Writes in a clear and effective manner, and under tight deadline pressure when necessary.
– Manages the annual conference scripts process, including writing executive-level speeches and editing all scripts for cohesion and readability.
– Oversees the annual report production process, including interacting with senior leaders in the organization to collect, edit and develop the report.
– Runs the Building Safety Month campaign to raise public awareness about the importance of building safety and the role of code officials.
– Oversees the Code Council social media strategy and works with company account posters from across the organization to develop a cohesive company-wide strategy.
– Provides training and education to staff and members on social media, media interviews and other related communications topics as needed.
– Develops analytics reports and regularly measures our communications outcomes.
– Identifies new audiences for our materials, including a focus on reaching diverse groups and communities.
– Stays up to date on trends and latest developments in communications, public relations and new media.
– Other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Skills and Education / Experience:
– More than 10 years of experience in public relations, media relations, social media and corporate and/or nonprofit communications.
– A bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or related field. Advanced degree or certification beneficial but not required.
– Proven experience in developing and implementing communications plans and managing and producing social media content.
– Strong writing, communication, multitasking, organizational, interpersonal and project management skills are critical.
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
– Excellent written/oral communication skills and presentation skills are required.
– Experience with Microsoft Office required.
– Prior knowledge of the building safety community preferred.
– This position requires up to 15% travel.
30.) Communications Manager, Corporate Communications & Sustainability, Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
31.) Editorial Specialist – LATAM – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract, Pinterest, São Paulo, Brazil
32.) Community Engagement Manager, Customer Operations, Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
33.) Communications Manager, Policing Project at NYU Law, New York, New York
*** From Amy Burke Friedman:
Hello! Please find below a job listing for submission. Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else!
Amy Burke Friedman
34.) Public Relations Account Executive, PROFILES, Baltimore/DC but remote work is a possibility
- 2+ years of experience appropriate for the role outlined below (agency experience preferred)
- Strong organizational, time-management, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the use of Apple technology (Mac OS, Keynote) and an understanding of interoffice communications tools such as Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter, as well as mail distribution programs such as MailChimp and/or Constant Contact
- Strong writing and editing skills with a knowledge of AP-style
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to illustrate results and go the extra mile for clients
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, salaried, exempt
ESTIMATED WEEKLY HOURS: 40-45 hours with the understanding that things come up outside of normal business hours that may need attention such as crisis communications, media opportunities, etc. The expectation is that this position will work additional hours as needed and when warranted.
REPORTS TO: Leadership team (Senior Vice President, President and CEO/Founder)
TERMS: We are open to the possibility of a remote or work-from-home position.
- Assist with the development and implementation of PR strategies on behalf of clients
- Write/copywrite first drafts for a range of materials (press releases, bylined articles, strategy documents, talking points, etc.)
- Assist with media management (coordination of interviews, distribution of press materials, attending media opportunities, etc.)
- Media list-building and database management
- Build and maintain relationships with media and influencer contacts
- Conduct research for client initiatives
- Monitor media coverage, analyze data and create coverage reports for clients
- Provide event production support, when needed
- Client services to include relationship building and maintenance, regular communication and leading/participating in meetings
- Assist with meeting preparation for account teams
- Research opportunities for executive visibility and awards for clients
- Actively participating in the running of the firm (sharing your opinions and ideas, asking questions, seeking opportunities for company growth, etc.)
- Be a team player
PROFILES is an award-winning agency that has developed marketing and communications programs for local and national brands, businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals for 30+ years. We are a results-driven agency with expertise in creating and implementing marketing and communications programs for clients in every industry including health/wellness, tourism, education, restaurant/food, arts/entertainment, media, accounting, real estate and law. Some of our current clients include: Kennedy Krieger Institute, Hotel Revival, Pet Supermarket, Baltimore Homecoming, and the American Craft Council Show in Baltimore.
Whether working remotely or in the office, PROFILES employees work collaboratively. We are storytellers who work hard and play just as hard. Our leadership understands the importance of a strong and loyal team, and has built our company culture around that understanding. We offer remote work, a casual dress code, an open office layout and regularly scheduled company activities, among other perks.
PROFILES is a Women Business Enterprise (WBE) and a small business of less than 15 employees.
BENEFITS (or PROFILES Perks):
- Paid leave
- Free parking
- Half-day Fridays in the summer
- “PROFILES Fun” outings and activities
- Access to 401k plans
- Profit-sharing and employer matching
- Birthday is a paid holiday
- Floating holidays and mental health day
- Dog-friendly office
- Easy access to leadership team
- Remote work/schedule flexibility
35.) Manager, Communications, Gordon Brothers Group LLC., Boston, MA
36.) Senior Communications and Event Professional, Saab, Washington, DC
37.) Public Affairs Communications Specialist – Remote, Organic Trade Association, Washington, DC
38.) Corporate Communications Manager, Fluid Truck, Denver, CO
39.) Media Relations Manager, City of Seattle, Seattle, WA
40.) Corporate Communications Team Director, ECC, Hudson, MA
*** From Artelia Davis:
Please find below a recent vacancy we would like posted in your listings. This position is located in Baltimore, MD. Thank you!
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Maryland Legal Aid
41.) Director of Marketing & Communications, Maryland Legal Aid, Baltimore, Maryland
Maryland Legal Aid (MLA) provides life-changing civil legal assistance to eligible residents in every part of the State. Since 1911, MLA has provided high-quality legal services to low-income and marginalized individuals and communities–helping them remedy their civil legal issues and become empowered to overcome challenges, achieve stability and independence, and an overall better life.
With 12 offices statewide and more than 250 staff, MLA is dedicated to preserving the basic human needs and basic human rights of clients, particularly as they navigate the justice system. MLA staff, pro bono attorneys, community partners, and general supporters all play important roles in ensuring that the legal playing field is leveled so that those most in need achieve equal access to justice. It is because of this diverse support that MLA is able to be a voice to tens of thousands of economically disadvantaged and vulnerable Marylanders every year. To learn more about our work, please go to our website at www.mdlab.org.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is a key member of Maryland Legal Aid’s management team. The Director develops, implements and assesses the effectiveness of a wide range of internal and external marketing and communications functions focusing on Maryland Legal Aid’s advocacy efforts and business operations. The Director supervises a Marketing & Communications Specialist and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain media database to include a broad range of print, broadcast and online media outlets and professionals.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with key media outlets and reporters/producers.
- Proactively seek media and online coverage that positions Maryland Legal Aid as a leader in the provision of free civil legal services and a pioneer in incorporating a human rights framework as the bedrock of its work.
- Seek opportunities to position Maryland Legal Aid’s management, staff and volunteers (i.e., Board and Equal Justice Council/Equal Justice Associates members) as spokespersons to the media and at community/policy-making gatherings.
- Utilize appropriate social media outlets to share information about the organization, its mission, services and accomplishments.
- Write and disseminate media material including Op-eds, news advisories, press releases, backgrounders, talking points, etc.
- Provide media training and talking points to spokespeople.
- Respond to all media inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Handle crisis communications (internal and external), as needed.
Website/ Internal Communications
- Play a lead role in ensuring the brand vision and messaging of Maryland Legal Aid’s website.
- Ensure that all sections of the website are regularly updated.
- Create, maintain and update a robust “News” or “News of Note” section of the website that includes, but not be limited to: press releases; links to media and online coverage of Maryland Legal Aid and its programs, staff and accomplishments; bios and downloadable photos of key staff; transcripts of speeches delivered by key staff; “Key Facts” about Maryland Legal Aid; historical timeline, etc.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures regarding website content and design, as well as internal communications.
- Serve as primary writer and project manager for the Annual Report.
- Write and oversee production of a range of internal and external print and e-publications including, but not limited to, the internal newsletter (“What’s Going On?”) and the external newsletter (“The Justice Journal”).
- Serve as writer/co-writer/editor and/or project manager for informational and promotional publications including, but not limited to, legal rights pamphlets and brochures on specific civil legal topics.
- Work with external professionals (i.e. graphic designers, photographers, writers, videographers, etc.) in producing promotional and informational materials to further Maryland Legal Aid’s mission and advocacy efforts.
- Coordinate paid advertising and promotional opportunities in print, electronic, and social media to promote Maryland Legal Aid’s mission and services, commemorate organizational milestones, and acknowledge accomplishments of staff, board, and volunteers.
- Work with the resource development units to ensure that the organization’s funders are appropriately highlighted in all communications vehicles, including the Maryland Legal Aid website and its print and e-publications.
- Serve as the main point of contact and expert communications resource for all Maryland Legal Aid offices and units throughout the state.
- The Director of Marketing & Communications will be a seasoned and strategic communications professional with a B.A. or B.S. degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field (Master’s degree preferred), and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in media relations and corporate communications.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have supervisory experience and who offer a minimum of three (3) years of experience working in legal services or not-for-profit environments, and a desire to positively impact the lives of vulnerable people and communities.
- A demonstrated history of securing media coverage on local, regional and national levels.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the confidential nature of Maryland Legal Aid’s advocacy work and business operations.
- Exceptional writing, editing and project management skills.
- Experience with developing strategic content for websites.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience using social media to leverage communications and organizational initiatives.
- The ability to create positive, productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders that further the mission and vision of Maryland Legal Aid.
- Have a “big picture” approach with the ability and desire to ensure that details are handled.
- Proven self-starter with keen organizational, analytic and partnership-building skills.
Ability to reprioritize and pivot from one project to the next, ensuring that all deliverables are fulfilled/tasks completed.
A RESUME, COVER LETTER AND WRITING SAMPLE ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply for Director of Marketing and Communications using the link below:
42.) Communications and Content Manager, RANDSTAD, ANNAPOLIS, MD
43.) PR and Communications Manager, Tobii Technology, Reston, VA
44.) Public Relations Manager, Atlantic Broadband Finance, LLC, Quincy, MA
45.) Corporate Communications Manager, Vivint, Provo, UT
46.) Communications Specialist, Innovative Systems Group, Curtis Bay, Maryland
47.) Media & External Relations Specialist, Eccalon, Crystal City, VA
*** From Jennifer Hall:
48.) Managing Associate, CLS Strategies, Washington, D.C. (Remote)
Location of the position: DC-based company but our company continues to work-from-home during the COVID-19 pandemic, therefore this full-time position will be a remote one for now. We expect to return to an office environment soon, in a flexible fashion.
CLS Strategies is a Washington, D.C.-based strategic communications firm with a 25+ year track record of helping clients manage complex, high-stakes environments. We specialize in public affairs, covering both regulatory and legislative issues, as well as legal and crisis matters.
We are looking to hire an energetic, hardworking, experienced and organized individual for the Managing Associate position. We look for driven self-starters with the ability to grasp and communicate complex subject matter and who work well with teams. Candidates must possess strong writing and research skills, experience in media relations, and ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Ideal candidates will have five to eight years of journalism, political campaign, Capitol Hill, PR agency, and/or association experience.
- Contributing to strategic planning for multiple account teams and interacting with clients
- Assisting in the day-to-day execution of client work for multiple account teams
- Managing specific projects and work streams for multiple account teams
- Writing, including op-eds, talking points, memos, social media content and other communications materials
- Pitching stories, establishing/cultivating media relationships, organizing press events and supporting other media relations activities
- Supporting firm leadership in business development, including writing proposals and participating in pitches
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance plus a 401(k) retirement savings plan. For more information about the company, visit www.clsstrategies.com.
Exact language for applicants on how to apply for the job:
If you thrive on finding solutions to complex challenges and want to join our team, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Managing Associate Role” in the subject line.
49.) Communications and Public Relations Director, Insperity, Kingwood, TX
50.) Internal Communications Manager, ZOLL Medical, Chelmsford, Massachusetts
51.) Senior Manager, International Communications, Starbucks, Seattle, WA
52.) Senior Manager, Modern Workplace Communications, Partner Communications, Public Affairs, Starbucks, Seattle, WA
53.) Social Media Specialist (Part-Time), The City of Aventura, Aventura, FL
54.) Manager, Communications and Marketing, Connective, HOUSTON, TX
55.) Corporate Communications Specialist, Regional Consumer PR, Whole Foods Market, Austin, TX
56.) Vice President, Internal Communications, Thomson Reuters, Eagan, MN, US
57.) Communications Manager, Asia-Pacific, Reuters, Thomson Reuters, Pyrmont, New South Wales, Australia
58.) Communications Manager, EMEA, Reuters, Thomson Reuters, London, UK
59.) Vice President, Internal Communications, Thomson Reuters, Eagan, MN
60.) Digital Media Specialist, Southside Electric Cooperative, Crewe, Virginia
61.) Health Communications Associate, The Public Health Foundation (PHF), WASHINGTON, DC
62.) Public Relations Manager, Executive Thought Leadership, The Brand Guild, Washington, DC
63.) Senior Director Communications, Aerospace Industries Association, Arlington, VA
64.) Community Manager, Editorial, Blizzard Entertainment, Irvine, CA
65.) HR Communications Specialist Job, Boston Scientific Corporation, Marlborough, MA
66.) Principal, Corporate Communications, Boston Scientific Corporation, Tokyo, Japan
67.) Director, Integrated Communications and Digital Marketing, Boston Scientific Corporation, Minnetonka, Maple Grove or Arden Hills, MN / Marlborough, MA
68.) Manager, Employee Communications, Dimensional Fund Advisors, Austin, TX
69.) Global Marketing Communications and Alignment Manager, McDonald’s Corporate, Chicago, IL (Temporarily remote)
70.) Manager, Leadership Communications (People), McDonald’s, Chicago, Illinois
71.) Communications Specialist, McDonald’s Corporate, Toronto, Canada
72.) CEO Speechwriter, Accenture, Arlington, VA / New York, NY / Boston, MA / Chicago, IL / Dallas, TX / San Francisco, CA / Atlanta, GA
73.) Content & Editorial Officer, The Oversight Board, Washington, DC
74.) Senior Manager, Communications, American Airlines, Fort Worth, TX
75.) Corporate Communications – Level 3, Masego, Springfield, VA
76.) Director Internal Communications, Freeman Company, Washington, DC
77.) Assistant Commissioner for Media Affairs, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health And Human Services, Silver Spring, Maryland
78.) Online Communications Manager, American Rivers, Washington, DC
79.) Director, Communications & Public Affairs, Bullpen Strategy Group, Arlington, Virginia
80.) Communications Specialist, City of Olathe, Olathe, KS
81.) Director Corporate Communications, J.Jill, Quincy, MA
82.) Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist ZA-1035-III/IV (GS-12/13/14 Equivalent), National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce, Gaithersburg, Maryland
83.) Senior Public Relations Manager, Public Policy, BLUE ORIGIN, Washington, DC
84.) Associate Director, Communications, ORIX USA, New York, NY
85.) Public Affairs Specialist, Patent and Trademark Office, DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, Alexandria, VA
86.) Public Relations Specialist, STIHL Inc., Virginia Beach, VA
87.) F-35 Internal Communications Specialist/SME (Ref 80), DCS Corp, Crystal City, VA
88.) Marketing Communications Manager, Crystal IS, Inc., Asahi Kasei, Green Island, NY
89.) Communications Coordinator, Berkshire Bank, Albany, NY
90.) Composites Communications Leader, OWENS CORNING, Toledo, OH
91.) Communications Specialist, CDPHP, Albany, NY
*** JOTW Alternative selection for this week:
None this week.
*** Weekly Piracy Report:
059-21 06.06.2021: 1600 UTC: Posn: 02:57.82N – 002:44.18E, Around 208nm SSW of Lagos, Nigeria.
Six pirates in a skiff, armed with weapons approached and attempted to board a bulk carrier underway. Alarm raised and crew mustered. Master sent a distress message, increased speed and commenced evasive manoeuvres. Ladders with hook sighted on the skiff. The pirates showed their weapons to the Master. After 40 mins of attempting to board, the pirates aborted and moved away due to the hardening measures taken by the Master. Crew and ship safe. 2021-06-06
058-21 31.05.2021: 2220 UTC: Posn: 14:21.8S – 040:42.7E, Fernao Veloso Bay Anchorage, Mozambique.
Two robbers armed with knives boarded an anchored product tanker. Duty AB noticed the two robbers and informed the OOW. Alarm raised and crew mustered. Seeing the alerted crew, the robbers escaped without stealing anything. Incident reported to the Port Authorities via the local agent.
*** Ball cap of the week: UMass (in honor of the National “Frozen Four” NCAA Hockey Champions)
*** Coffee cup of the week: Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren – Where the Hell is Dahlgren, Va.?
*** T-shirt of the Week: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
*** Musical guest artist of the week: Hotlegs (later to become 10CC)
*** To subscribe: Send an email to Ned at email@example.com, and mention the JOTW newsletter.
Your cooperation is requested. Please send job opportunities to share with all JOTW members to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome to distribute this to fellow communicators. You are welcome to look at the previous issues. To read this list on the web, please visit www.nedsjotw.com.
This newsletter is published by:
Edward H. Lundquist, ABC, IABC Fellow
7813 Richfield Road
Springfield, VA 22153
+1 703 455-7661 (home office)
+1 703 472-8629 (cell)
The JOTW Network – A world in communication
For your hospitality, thank you!
© Copyright 2021 The Job of the Week Network, LLC
*** Ha’ina ‘ia mai ana ka’puana
(And So The Story Is Told)
IABC World Conference 2021