A JOTW “Can’t Wait” priority job posting from the American College of Radiology.
Public Relations Manager, American College of Radiology, Reston, Va
Experienced Public Relations Manager needed to manage social media, relationships with lay and trade media, issue campaigns, program PR and video production for a leading membership and advocacy organization with offices in DC and Reston, Va. Our focus is healthcare policy, physician education and patient outreach. Position reports to director of public affairs.
Develop and implement strategies for Social Media platforms
- Develop annual social media plans to optimize ACR Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube social media outlets
- Help build relationships and collaborate with allied professional and patient groups in support of mutual goals
- Research, write, edit and post daily content on key issues, events, and program promotions. Collaborate with marketing and web teams to integrate timely information and achieve goals.
- Generate quarterly reports on social media activities. Stay abreast of current trends and developments in social media that will help advance the organization’s strategic plan.
Develop and implement strategies for media outreach and public relations on ACR services and issue campaigns
- Direct annual awareness campaigns for specific healthcare issues. Collaborate with leadership, member committees and co-workers to achieve PR goals.
- Collaborate with individual product managers and leadership to create and execute media outreach plans for program launches and ongoing marketing
- Direct location shoots for photos and videos used for marketing and PR of various programs
- Initiate research, write outreach materials, secure and prep member experts for interview and follow up with reporters
- Serve as spokesperson with media on ACR products and services and secure and prep spokespersons
- Identify suitable vendors. Negotiate services to budget
- Develop creative approaches and build consensus on video plans, timelines and scripts
- Direct coworkers in shooting on-demand videos for simple sound bites and person-on-the-street interviews
- Coordinate editing of all videos. Collaborate with leadership and co-workers on final product.
- Manage video library and archives. Ensure video library is kept current and accessible to staff.
Support frontline management of issues related to radiology
- Stay informed on legislative and regulatory actions to prepare physician spokespersons for interviews and guide reporters with key facts
- Lead issue-oriented campaigns as assigned and staff physician committee(s)
- Serve as #2 to director of public affairs
Qualified candidates will have at least five years of experience in public relations; Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or related discipline; excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; excellent grammar and punctuation skills, familiarity with AP style, MS Office proficiency; and strong project management skills. Flexible hours and some travel (10%).
Please apply online by clicking on the link below:
The American College of Radiology is committed to the hiring of qualified Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, women and minorities for all locations including Reston, VA; Washington, D.C.; Silver Spring, MD; and Philadelphia, PA.
The American College of Radiology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veterans, genetic information, and sexual orientation.